1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Play School Expectations

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by Orange, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Orange

Orange New IL'ite

Hi Great Moms,

My son yet to join play school.
    How can I encourage him to school patterns ?
    What are the basic expectations of a play school ? They say, they want to meet my son before joining, What would be their expections ?
    Am I to train him in anything else before joinging?
    When does finger coordination happens in kids to hold pencil ?

Suggestion Please.

2. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Orange,

U didn't mention ur son's age. I think might be around 2 1/2 years...... Nothing special expectations they have. It differs from school to school. No need to train him specially. But toilet training is important.........and snacks eating habit........if he does this well before going to play school, then he won't feel much difficulty. Because many kids are into this practice only after they join the play school.........Finger coordination depends on the kid.

All the best for ur kid........

3. Orange

Orange New IL'ite

Honeytha,

Thanks for yr response. I need to train him on both the things., eating as well as toilet (Regarding toilet - 1 he is sure, but 2 not yet) Any idea of practicing no. 2 in toilet?

But still he has some more months for practice, since he is only 2.3 yrs old. I am about to send him at 2.5 yrs. Is that OK ?

4. Orange

Orange New IL'ite

Toddlers - friendly approach towards other kids

My son is 2.3 yrs old. He is too energetic & hyperactive. Many times he begun to hit, squeeze or even tickle other kids simply out of excitement. (Not out of frustration). But he is very keen to watch baby / kids thro TV advertisements.

How to train him for a friendly approach towards other kids? I am planning to put him in a play school when he attains 2.5 yrs. I don’t know what he’s going to do at play school.
    Is 2.5 yrs will be the right age for play school?

5. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Orange,

My son is also 2.3 years old and he is already going to play school. 2.5 is also the right age for the kids to go to play school.......

Regarding friendly approach - u make him practice by asking him to play or speak etc with guests to ur house or else with ur neighbors and automatically it will come when he goes to school.

Regarding 2 bathroom - my son was telling when he was before 2 years, but nowadays he is not telling purposely. I myself will make him sit in regular intervals that is in the morning and evening..........but other than this time period i am making him to tell......let me try my level best and u also.....

6. mjsaroj

mjsaroj Senior IL'ite

In play school there is no need of writing, the main reason for play school first of all they have mingle with other childrens.
    1. proper toilet training needed
    2. Ask him to eat by own
    3.Tell about school the place which he going to play with many friends