1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Plans are made by us but in the end everything in in God's hands

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 23, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Today was Sumangali Prarthanai in my brother in law's house. His wife expired six years back when there was flood in July in 2005 leaving a daughter who was just engaged and a son who just passed 12th. It was a great loss to the children and to her husband. Somehow they managed to face the situation with God's grace. Now both the children are married elder one has a son and the son got married last year and now his wife is pregnant.

Yesterday was my co sis in law's death anniversary. Every year next day after devasam my brother in law has Sumangali Prarthanai. Usually his daughter comes from Bangalore this time but this year she could not come as her son has school and again she has to come for her bhabhi's valaikappu and seemantham.

My brother in law had told another brother in law's grand daughter's daughter to sit as kanya ponnu . But she could not come for the function as they landed in Pune today morning only after her trip to Sabari Mala with her grandmother. Early morning at 6 a.m. my brother in law's son phoned and told me to arrange for another kanya ponnu as she cant come. First I asked one relative but she said as her grand daughter's parents are taking her somewhere out she cant come. Then I phoned a friend of mine and she immediately agreed to come with her grand daughter though she did not know theplace so well. She did not make any fuss , otherwise some people will refuse saying you have told on the last minute.

All the ladies came in time but one of our relative did not come. When we contacted she said that she did not know that she had also to sit for the Sumangali Prarthanai and she said she is just leaving from her place. Since she was staying far away and it was already timeup my brother in law's son got worried. Luckily my friend had come with her grand daughter and we told her to sit for the Sumangali Prarthanai.

Usually they say dane dane pe likha hai khanewala ke naam(its written who should get aparticular thing). So it was God's decision to make my friend sit for the Sumangali Prarthanai and also her grand daughter who must have been very happy because she got a Pavadai piece.

This shows that whatever plans we make , finally its God's hands to make everything happen successfully.

2 people like this.

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vijima,
    I agree with what you have written we can only try rest is with Him. I hope the function went off smoothly...

3. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

You are very true Viji Ma,to only some extent we can put our hands..rest everything will in HIS hands only..But what is important is we should make our efforts sincerely and rest to leave for GOD to decide!

4. lalithasathish

lalithasathish Silver IL'ite

Very true Vijima...we can only decide and do what ever possible from our end, but to decide on the ending is always from HIM..

5. satchitananda

satchitananda Finest Post Winner

Very rightly said ma. Very often we just have to go with the flow of things.

6. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Everything is in HIS/HER hand. We can plan everything very well with our computer and with modern technologies.
    Other thing is whatever happens it is for the best. When we go through it, it is difficult, bu later we realize it. We need Go's blessings and guide for us to live a peaceful live.

Well said, Viji.

7. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Yes Vijima,thats true. As CL said,whatever happens,it is for the best!

8. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Very true Viji ma !!

Whatever plans we make does not work 100% as planned........up above us "the superior" has already planned the destiny and whatever happens is because of him and I strongly believe in that and also say to myself that it is for the good only he has made it this way !!

9. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

very true viji mami. "Man propose and god dispose!" Glad to know that the function went on well. Blessed are the girl and your friend who got the opportunity to take part in the function and offering you a timely hand at the most needed time.

10. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

It's true as long as He allows anything will happen but especially for Sumangalippraartahani, it's written who are the beneficiaries.

Many times I have also seen this every time one of my brothers' wife used to come from Madurai to Bangalore all the way even if it's for a day, and me niece who never missed all these years, these both could not come so also one of my sisters.

We have started the habit of giving 6 yrds sari to all the sumangalis and one 9 yard to my nathanar.

This year is the only time were 4 sumangalis were my local friends and I told 2 of them the previous day and they did not fuss, they dried their saris at home and came wearing them to my house.

Fortunately I could do as I wished with my daughter and grand daughter both, as this is the first time she is sitting as pondugal though she missed 4 times due to her distance away from bangalore and Chennai.

Avanandri oru anuvum asaiyaadu!