Planning to buy digital camera: When?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by AnanyaAjay, Sep 28, 2011.

1. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

We have recently moved into US. andare plannning to buy a good digital camera. We already have a Sony Handicam, so not looking for a camcorder. I have heard that during thanksgiving and Christmas, we get in cheap prices.

Please let me know if anyone of you know when to buy? I want to take pics of fall, which will end by christmas (If I am not wrong) but in this Handicam pics wont come nice.

Also share links if you have of any stores near Milwaukee Wisconsin.

2. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

i have A SAME PLAN..LET ME KNOW IF U GET ANY DETAILS...

3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Are you a member of Sams Club or Cost Co? If so, register in their website with member id and there is an auction section there where a lot of electronic stuff start on auction(new products only from sams club) starting at $1. You need to keep bidding before the time ends. I was able to buy a sony digital camera for $80 or so when it costed about 120+ outside. You need to keep watching(day and night) to seal the deal, but it is a good deal. You can also check the website pricegrabber dot com, where you would get a decent comparison of a product in more than 50+ stores(prices starting from cheapest to highest). If you plan to wait until Thanks giving, there will be a lot of good deals going on in places like Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Sams Club, Cost co etc.