1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Planning for a baby

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by passenger, Feb 24, 2011.

1. bittenkitten

bittenkitten Senior IL'ite

You've now been given a lot of motivation and emotional support by the ladies on these forums. Allow me to offer some practical advice. Your profile indicates that you're from Texas. You and your husband will want to familiarize yourself with state programs that will help you be the best parents you can be. There is an assortment of resources and help out there, and there is definitely financial assistance out there as well. Take a look through the topics on this page: Texas Department of State Health Services. You'll find resources for newborn screening, child and maternal health. I also suggest you and your husband take parenting classes. My own husband and I feel emotionally and mentally ready to have a child, but even so, we're going to take parenting classes because we want all the information available to us to raise a healthy (physically and emotionally) child. Parenting classes will help you gain the emotional maturity you feel you are lacking at the moment, plus you'll gain a wealth of practical knowledge that you'll use on a daily basis. Texas has a number of these available, and you can ask your doctor for more information. Good luck!

2. passenger

passenger New IL'ite

Thank you all...Your advice has made me feel much better and sure about what I want..I will take all the things mentioned by all my friends here and discuss with my hubby and make an informed decision...thanks and wish me luck..

3. arty2010

arty2010 Bronze IL'ite

i would also suggest you watch tv programmes like "bringing home baby" or reading books which gives a relaistic view of how first time parents handle their newborns..how the atmosphere will be in the intial days...reality of sleepless nights.. these are not meant to scare you and your husband but to educate you.. sometimes we withold limportant decisions in life because we are not sure of the outcome... but if our expectation are realistic and outlook positive you will feel moer confident.. its almost the same reason why parents are better with their second kids.. they know what to expect...all the best to u 2.