1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Places to visit with toddler in new jersey, Newyork (1-1.5hour drive from jersey city

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by Priya4oct, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hello Friends,

Can you please suggest some places which can be visited with 2 year old within 1-2 hour drive as my DD can not sit in car for more than 30 min in one shot even my DH is also a new driver in USA.

As of now we have planned for bridgewater temple on saturday . Can you please advise if there is any near by place which can be combined with temple trip or any other place which you have visited ( we can drop temple plan and go on some working day)..

Thanks a lot.

Priyanka

2. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Re: Places to visit with toddler in new jersey, Newyork (1-1.5hour drive from jersey

bear mountain is a good place.also you can visit pomona temple.the drive will be scenic.

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Re: Places to visit with toddler in new jersey, Newyork (1-1.5hour drive from jersey

Hi Priya,

Do check one day trip thread, you should get lot of options..

Pomono, bear mountains and lake can be combined as one day trip....i have shared those details inthat particular thread.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/places-and-events-in-nj/58612-one-day-trip.html

If your hubby is comfortable can drive to Philly just1hr.15mts there is please touch museum and Philly zoo...

4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Thanks JGVR and Usha....
    Usha, I already visited this thread and l'll bit confused as I have toddler with me.
    Also, these places seems to be 2-3 hours from my city..My DH can manage to drive as he was already driving in India for 4-5 hours ..but my DD is overactive..She do not sit in train for more than 15 min :( so worried if she will stay in car seat for these long hours..

Had any one been to wildwood..one of my friend is going wildwood for one day trip and asking us to join . Earlier we planned for stay in wildwood and he is not intrested to pay 100 $ for the place which can be covered in one day.

5. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Yes i visited Wildwood as one day as well recently in May2012 as 3days stay with other families..its good and nice palce ...can be covered under one day trip.

In this 3days trip we went one night to Atlantic, capemay zoo etc, 2days just relaxing trip like playing inthe sandand beach with kids.gents enjoying their valley ball.

We rented condo near by beach and stayed for 3day with other4families..

When my kid was 2 yrs i went Botanic garden in Brookyln, hershelychocolate factory, Wildwodbeach, Please touch musuem etc, those are just should be less than1.30hr..

Initially when we rent a car in Jerseycity(we stayed there for 3yrs), my kid never sit for more than 20mts....i keep entertaining by playing rhymes in CD..giving her toys one by one from mybag and books..Myhubby who was a new driver,get tensed with her screaming.....totall travel will be hectic:(

You can take break inbetween at Service area or shops to make kid comfortable...try to feed, after feeling that breeze,they fall asleep soon once car starts:))

Now she manages 5hr travel also as a stretch easily to my sister's place(Virginia), we travel atleast once in 3months. Don't worry kid will get practice soon and you together can have a pleasant travel.

6. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Thanks for tips..will definitely follow...
    I have one more question - Have you visited SiX Flag hurricane harbor ( water park) . We are planning to visit with DD (have 10 $ discount coupon for my company)..Howz six flag for toddlers ?

Is there any dress code..their is nothing specific in site ..so l'll bit skeptical if they will allow in t-shirt and 3 fourth pant for me.

7. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

You are welcome Priya....

Sixflags i went only for Safari ride and few rides thats it... We went in Capris and t-shirt...

8. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hello Friends,
    Finally after lot of discussion, we visited point pleasant beach . We enjoyed a lot and more than us by DD enjoyed in water. There were lot of rides for kids as well for adults. we went only to one ride this was the first trip of my DD. Though we played lot of games and won 2 soft Toys..over all it was fun day for us and DD.

Regards,
    Priyanka

1 person likes this.
  9. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Can you please give me more details on this point pleasant beach? How much was the fare?