Places to Visit In and around KL

Discussion in 'Places & Events in KL' started by parasmanic, Aug 15, 2010.

1. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the info..........finally someone else other than myself has contributed to this thread.......:thumbsup, will try this place another friend of mine was here on the 31st apparently there is a rabbit park & also a one hour pony ride

Sonu

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sonu,

Surely will contribute to the thread whenever i find more time to drive around and visit.:)

You are the best contributer to this thread and so its very nice to read about your travelling wide and far:thumbsup Keep up the good work!!:thumbsup

3. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Enter Pasar Seni ( Art Market) or Central Market in the GPS...this is a wonderful place with ample parking though a bit expensive for parking:rant but safe ....this is a covered market has a little india also along with lots of stalls selling artifacts.....must visit very close to petaling street which again is on similar lines of jonker walk in melaka.....(personally i liked jonker more :)) alos close by there are chinese n indian temple .....just next to the chinese temple on the 2nd floor of the building there is peter hoe....exclusive n exquisite shop for household ....designer stuff n lovely.....i cud spend a lot of time n money there :thumbsup

Sonu

4. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Around 1 hour flight from KL LCCT is Langkawi a very beautiful place, there are many thing to do there, lots of tours organised by the operators n hotels as well.....must visit :thumbsup

Sonu

5. preethiitech

Yeah, Langkawi is one of the Best Places I liked in Malaysia:cheers

Ideal for a weekend and also for honeymooners!!:idea

6. dsouza

dsouza New IL'ite

Another nice place to visit is i-City in Shah Alam. It's an outdoor park with beautifully decorated LED lights. You can see digital maple, pine trees , animals and birds.
    There's even an indoor winter wonderland with ice sculptures. You'll need to rent a jacket to get in.
    Views are great after it gets dark so you can plan your evening accordingly.
    There are restaurants inside the park if you'd like to stop for a snack/dinner

7. preethiitech

Yeah dsouza..

The i-city is a great place to spen a late evning or probably nnight..

I have gone to this place long back and really enjoyed the festive colour Leds and the happy voice of small children playing all around..

IT is really a nice place to spend a lazy evening, if with children, they will surely love the place..

And you can even walk up the place instead of using elevators, then its like a small exercise too :)

Cheers dsouza, hru ?:cheers

8. preethiitech

Also,Wish to share another location with you ..

For those in Subang Jaya, there is a nice lake near SS15, near SJMC, and the place around the lake is meant as a walking/jogging track, its so lovely and refreshing and relaxing.:idea

In the weekend you can see a lot of people there, and by the side there is also another lake which is meant for fishing and you can see some loners fishing there silently.. Its sure a nice place for those nearby to spend a saturday evening if you don't have any other plans to go far away.:biglaugh

Time spent with family, near by home, and in such a natural environemnt freshens you up for the next hectic week!:thumbsup

9. preethiitech

Hey, there is another similar lake and jogging/walking track in Kota kemuning just opposite to the KFC there..

Its also a lovely nice and neat place, here there is also a place where children play some sports.

The additional attraction is that there is a fountain which sends water high up in the air and splashes.. I loved that:biglaugh

Nearby, is also a golf course.. But thats for those golf players, anyway not me!!:crazy

10. dsouza

dsouza New IL'ite

Thanks Preethi ...Im doing well...How abt you?

Thanks for the review on the park in SS15 :) Ive always wanted to go there..Do you know where the entrance is? Is there a car park or have you usually just walked down.