1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Places to take parents around bay area and within CA

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Bay Area' started by sunray2003, Dec 31, 2010.

1. sunray2003

sunray2003 New IL'ite

Hi,

I would like to take my parents over the weekend to show some places. Can you suggest few places that would interest them. I am new to the bay area and have gone to only few places around. During the week days, I like to spend time with them in the evenings when i come from office but during weekends, i would like to take them somewhere. They generally like parks, nature, travel in the car and taking pictures.

Thanks

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Ofcourse you must be planning to take them to San Francisco, Carmel and Santa Cruz. Please drive up North of San Fransico. Beautiful drive.

Take warm clothes. It is little cold over here. I always take Tea or Coffee in thermas when I have guests form India.

Enjoy your parent's visit.

Happy New Year.

3. sunray2003

sunray2003 New IL'ite

Thanks.
    I was planning to take them to pebble beach (17 mile drive). Looks like carmel is close to pebble beach. Anything specific to see there ?

I have been only upto to Muir woods. When I go to show them the golden gate, I plan to drive even further up and was wondering if there is anything interesting to look

4. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

beyond muir woods there is stinson beach. it's pretty cold but it's nice and peaceful.

if you have time, then you could do tahoe or yosemite on the weekend. if you are up for a bit longer drive, then mt. shasta is nice and so is lassen park - it's like a mini yellowstone park with volcanic stuff - pretty interesting and definitely not something you can see in india.

17 mile drive is just ok in my opinion. I prefer driving further south in the big sur area. much more spectacular views.

5. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Monterey Bay and Aquarium of the Bay are worth a visit. 17 mile drive is very close to Monterey. Also consider taking a driving thru highway 1 along the coastal side..

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010