Places of interests for kids in Shimla

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by pushkar, Jun 7, 2010.

1. pushkar

pushkar New IL'ite

Hi all,

I would like to know some places of interests for kids in Shimla. Do let me know.

2. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    There is so much to do and see in and around Shimla. I suggest a trip to the Hanuman temple at Jakhu. Since I am living in a metro city like Delhi with all its polluted air, I loved the early morning walks in Shimla. I remember taking early morning walks and visiting the Kali Mandir and walking from one end of the Mall to the other end and taking in lungfuls of fresh mountain air.
    For the kids, I think you can take them on a trip to Kufri which is a short distance from Shimla. I believe Kufri has a zoo.

3. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

Hello Bandana
    I agree with you. One should use the trips to the hills to take in the fresh mountain air.
    Yes, the Himalayan Nature Park at Kufri is famous for its collection of birds and animals. The kids would simply enjoy a trip to the Nature Park. The Park has Hangal, Barking deer, Musk deer, Brown Bear, Monal and other pheasants. Besides there are plenty of migratory birds.

4. NitiSaini

NitiSaini Senior IL'ite

Hi Bandana & Sushma
    I remember visiting Kufri during my last trip to Shimla. I enjoyed visiting the Himalayan Nature Park. The park has plenty of walkways where you can walk and take deep breaths etc. Besides, Kufri is one of the few places in India where you can enjoy both horse riding and yak riding. I am sure the kids will have enough stories to relate about their yak rides to their friends in school.
    I hope Pushkar does make the trip to Kufri now!!

5. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Kufri could be the best option for you,16 km from Shimla at a height of 8,600 ft, Kufri is the winter sports capital. During winter, visitors have the facility for skiing. The skiing season is at its best during January and February. Equipment for skiing is available from HPTDC winter sports club at Kufri. Apart from skiing, Kufri is a lovely picnic spot with a beautiful view of the hills around and the snowy peaks. There is also a zoo that delights children.

Nagsons Amusement Park,HIP HIP HURRAY, Kufri, is the only amusement park located at 8500 ft. above sea level offering adventure activities like Burma Bridge Crossing, Flying Fox, Commando Net, Rock Climbing etc and also activities like Boating, Bump'em Cars, Rides, Indoor Golf and a number of virtual reality,redemption & video games. Other attractions include Restaurant, Coffee Shop, Shopping, Telescopic View etc.

Thanks.