Pigeons spoiling my balcony

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by brindhaaa, Mar 31, 2007.

1. victori

victori New IL'ite

you can use bird spikes on the roof or your Ac. It does not harm these birds but prevents the pigeons to stay on your property. they can not sit doe to these spikes so they feel better to stay away from it.

2. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

I have one simple suggestion, which you may try and come back with the results.

Just take a black piece of cloth of old blouse / t-shirt (full black with no prints on it) just tie with a rope or attach to a stick and hang it near the balcony. [Its like how our moms use to keep when vadam is made at the terrace in yester years]. The pigeons will never come thinking some dead animal is there.

Just try it out. Keeping food and water will only entertain them more and **** the place to the core.....

Best Rgds
    Shanti

3. victori

victori New IL'ite

Natural methods of pigeon control are humane and they do not cause any physical harm to the pigeons.Sound deterrent is another very effective natural method that helps in pigeon control. Various tactile repellents can also be used to do away with the problems of pigeons. These repellents cause great discomfort to the birds when they land at places where repellents are active.

4. agnath

agnath Silver IL'ite

hi
    The poem is so nice, made me a bit guilty to find the ways to drive away the birds, but as we know these birds can be harmful with various flu etc transmitted through them , specially when we have small kids at home. Some of my friends have tried keeping CDs the shining side facing the balcony on the a/c, the birds don't like the shining thingi. Just try.

5. victori

victori New IL'ite

Birds are nice around you. But they can be harmful also as they carries more than 60 diseases with them.

6. Aalina

Aalina New IL'ite

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Thanks for sharing. I never knew about it. [/FONT]