1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Picture prayers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Remanambiar, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Remanambiar

Remanambiar New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Chp%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Who hasn’t sent up a prayer at least once in his or her lifetime ??With the increase in the population and the changing times I do believe the Prayer too should undergo a change It should be accompanied by visuals .They say Man is made in the image of God . so imagine the amount of prayers that reach him everyday .Sifting through mails is a huge tasks even for us then how about mails from all over the world (in different languages that too).Now I am sure the Supreme one too has assistants and translators who decode the prayers for him .(I wonder …what language does God speak ?)
    Admit it! in today’s fast paced life we register the picture in a jiffy but have no patience for the writing (unless it’s a will )So too must be with the Almighty .The script accompanied by the image is more interesting and catchy rather than plain script and done look at the picture and the lord will find it easier to interpret it . Our prayers as pictures do not need translators (provided they are clear and easy to the eye ….modern art may confuse him)..Picture a la Picasso might need the skill of a good interpreter. The script as such may not make much sense .and may take time to be deciphered ,interpreted. ,decoded (whatever )
    For example ...When I send a prayer to get my daughter a good proposal ,there might be a problem because I have three of them. All in the bracket of marriageable age .But if I send in a visualization along with my prayer (a picture of the daughter I had in mind ,getting married to Abhishek bachan )it would help Lord almighty to ….
    1 ,Zero in on the person recommended
    2 .the status of the Groom (rich and famous like Mr .Bachan)
    3.The type of physical attributes I want in the groom (tall ,well built and good looking )
    So every thing is clear and made easier for the Good Lord to execute
    If the Supreme one is as human as we are (I have been told so )then He will definitely welcome this way of praying .As humans aren’t we all addicted to the Tv programmes and the google images so why would He be any different ?I am sure He too keeps up with the times
    So try it next time you pray Visualize your need ,demand ,wish… add the picture and send it to Him .
    May your prayers be answered ASAP

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rema
    While reading this post of yours i remembered the movie Bruce Almighty.
    How the prayers will be sent to the Lord and those answered....hahahaha
    Your prayer to the Lord is really cool If all will pray for Mr. Bachan what will be his halat...hahaha

3. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Rema,

What an original idea! Absolutely ingenious :thumbsup

"Who hasn’t sent up a prayer at least once in his or her lifetime ??With the increase in the population and the changing times I do believe the Prayer too should undergo a change It should be accompanied by visuals .They say Man is made in the image of God . so imagine the amount of prayers that reach him everyday .Sifting through mails is a huge tasks even for us then how about mails from all over the world (in different languages that too).Now I am sure the Supreme one too has assistants and translators who decode the prayers for him .(I wonder …what language does God speak ?)"

At a satsang recently, Guruji said that we call out to the Almighty Maa ever so often and beseech Her for Her Grace. She is so understanding,She grants us whatever is our due without a frown or murmur... Just imagined how much easier it would be for visuals to flash in front of Her and Hey Presto!...:)

"If the Supreme one is as human as we are (I have been told so )then He will definitely welcome this way of praying .As humans aren’t we all addicted to the Tv programmes and the google images so why would He be any different ?I am sure He too keeps up with the times"

Oh yes! Maa is most certainly human and totally 'with-it'! I have many instances when She actually anticipates my requests...

:clap:hatsoff Rema dear!

Love,
    Padma

4. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Rema,

Like Padmaji said, what an ingenious idea! A hilarious one at that! :thumbsup

It is quite considerate of you to think up of ways to help the Gods above with their work. I can see your point as to how sending a visual along with our prayers would help keep God's long 'To Do' list of granting boons moving smoothly. AWESOME! :)

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

good one Rema:) any idea on speeding up the process of wish granting is absolutely welcome :thumbsup