1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Physical Intimacy Issues- good marriage counselor/therapist ?

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by praks, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Loving2011

Loving2011 Silver IL'ite

I must say I'm pleasantly suprised that there are male posters that are able to communicate maturely about sex and don't shun other Indian women for having sexual desires.

Maybe I grew up in the wrong area, but it was dangerous for an Indian female to talk so openly about sex in the major American city I resided in. My definition of the madonna/whore complex is when a guy wants sex from a woman and pressures her to do it, but demonizes her at the same time for doing it. He has a hard time accepting that it's okay for women to be sexual beings, but thinks it's okay for men to do the same. Many of these men will have casual sex and date a sexually passionate woman, but they will only marry someone that's pious. When married, these same men may have a fling on the side.

2. sampadaPhadke

sampadaPhadke New IL'ite

ditto !!!
    I am facing the same problem My husband is caring, sensitive, helping, etc. but almost no physical relationship. We are like brother-sister living together. We don't talk anything naughty or he never even touches in a naughty way or something. If at all there is sex , it is over in 5-10 mins.

In my case my husband proposed. It is a love marriage. He never ever touched me at all before marriage. Before marriage even when I went with him for a movie, he never held my hand or touched me. I thought he is a perfect gentleman.

But he is the same even after marriage. :( :( :(

3. soni1987

soni1987 Bronze IL'ite

Really tht is so sad.. but in my case my husband was very romantic and naughty before. we used to go for movies etc n have lot of romantic dates... But suddenly after marriage all changed.. I think it is like " Ghar ki murgi daal barabar" kind of thing.. Just yest i fought with him n said i don;t want to have sex with u anymore.. if u keep on doing this to me always.. e.i." once in a month that too only for 5 mins hardly"... Then he was angry for some time then he apologised n we make love for longer time ... hope everything will be alright ...

u too try to talk to him what is the problem? Why he not getting intimate with you .. ask him when he will be in good mood n try to put ur point of view for this matter as what u want and how u want like that... Just see what he has to say n let me know

4. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

is that the only reason for asking for the email address?

and dude, the OP has disaapeared long since. chek the date of the original post.

1 person likes this.
  5. SANL

SANL Silver IL'ite

amin this jaani123 is roaming here and there in the forum for his prey :)

6. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

I feel jaani123 have some special tips...:bonk...so asked for email address..why don't contact no...?:rant
    Now my views...
    1) I feel sometime husband is busy with work family and all and he really need sometime for himself.:exactly:.for peace so no problem with this:)
    2) if you really feel that DH is no more interested in SEx..try some romantic:cool2: idea and for this no need to give your email add to any one just google it..so many ideas..
    3) show your care, romance, love, lust..to DH..he is fully yours so don't feel shy...:p
    4) if all above don't work..go out with DH for a romantic dinner and ask what he really want...:goodidea:
    I feel sometime male sex drive is high so he want it more..some time women so she want more but..if partner is no interested it doesn't mean he/she don't love,care...it means he/she is stuck somewhere with some problem so just help your partner to come out from problems...:thumbsup

7. drchakravarthy

drchakravarthy Senior IL'ite

We Call it as DINS - "Double Income, No Sex". Better consult a professional doctor at your place

best regards

[FONT=&quot]Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY[/FONT][FONT=&quot] MBBS; MBA (Hospital Management); MHSc (Reproductive & Sexual Medicine)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Consultant In Reproductive & Sexual Medicine / Sexologist[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, Republic of India[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

8. RaulTheStranger

RaulTheStranger New IL'ite

9. praks

praks New IL'ite

So I am back on my thread which I started 3 years back to give an update on my status and ask for a few suggestions. Thanks for all the helpful advise and tips.

We have definitely matured over these 3 years and our love has also grown but sadly the "IC" still happens rarely may be once in 3-4 months. We have become very busy in our professional lives and our social life is also very hectic so that leaves us with no time for getting intimate but as I had said our day does not complete without atleast 10 long hugs and 20 deep kisses.
    Also, every night there is touching and fondling but it never ends up in IC. We have both discussed and decided that may be we are one of those rare couples who are mentally compatible and not physically compatible as we are not attracted to each other in that way.
    One more thing that I wanted to shed some light on is the "testosterone" level of my DH.
    We had gone to a counselor and she said that she has seen many cases like this and the number 1 reason is low testosterone level in the guy.

I wanted to bring it up for other ladies here who are sailing in the same boat.
    We have not yet done anything on that front but plan to do something about it.

10. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Good to see you back after three years.....OP..!

A man not initiating sex, even when there is no conflict, mental compatibility is okay, is relatively rare situation. Men in this situation are said to be having low libido ( sexual desire). Such low libido in men can very well be due to low testosterone levels in blood. In this case, testosterone replacement therapy (in the form of periodical injections) will give him back the normal sexual desire. Then, he , like any other normal man, will initiate sex frequently.

But, there is an issue here. There are lots of men, with low libido............and also with NORMAL TESTOSTERONE LEVELS. These men's libido will not improve with any number of testosterone injections. Why this set of men, even with normal blood testosterone levels, have a very low desire for sex is a mystery to scientists. No one has the answer yet. Some medical practioners, give testosterone injections to these set of men (with normal testosterone and low desire), which is quite wrong. Here, replacement of testosterone by injections will harm the man.

So, first your man's testosterone level has to be assessed, to decide whether he is likely to be benefitted by testosterone injections.