1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pets and Babies

Discussion in 'Infants' started by shrukri, May 14, 2010.

1. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Well I'm not sure if this title or place is appropriate. Moderators pl move if this is not the right place that i'm posting.
    Here is the long story. Dh had 2 pet dogs(pom) for about 8 yrs. 5 yrs back ILs were moving out of chennai to CBE and also they couldn't take care of both so they gave the male dog to caretaker.Let me explain about Dh...he's a pet lover and he had love birds, pigeons, fish pond etc when he was in chennai. He says life has meaning when he found 100s of birds waiting for him to feed. He's so much in love with pets. Well coming back that pet dog was not treated properly, he just took the money and did not care for the pet and it passed away. Now since FIL passed away MIL is going to live with us and so does the other pet dog.
    I on the other hand do love pets but i cannot imagine a pom or any dog for that matter in flats. Also i have DD1 down with cold always and DD2 is only 3 mo. I told DH i cannot stand dogs , for his sake i would tolerate if it's a individual house but sure nt in flats. DH says he has equal resp to care for kids, me, his mom and the pet. I asked him to give to caretaker, but hes not prepared since that loss is still in his mind. He's not ready to give to anyone else as well, he says the dog will fret about the owner and might not eat and die. Dh does respect my views and discuss and take my sugg in everything, but here he says he's helpless
    Wat do i do. I really cannot withstand and is it safe with 2 kids?
    Pls pour out ur suggestions.........i'm terrible stressed

2. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Yes its safe, I'm sure your DH gets it checked at vet and is on top of his vaccines then no need to worry atall.

I have 3dogs, 4cats so far we have not faced any problems...... my nieces n nephews love them and spend most of the time with them......... giving them bath or taking them fr walks.

So plz dnt be so stressed, dogs especially take care of kids and r very gentle with them.

MY Lab dog used to sleep near my nephew's crib and when ever his mom used to be in another room busy....... if the baby wakes up, it used to get up n run to my sis n try to tell her the baby is up. You cant believe they are extremely human by nature.:)