personal finances...

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by kads, Jun 13, 2007.

1. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

HI Everyone,
    My question is most american thinks 100k is a big salary and most other jobs fetch 50 to 70 k.
    My husband feels if u own a home ,have 2 cars and have 2 kids one would hardly save anything at the end of the year.Is it feesible..
    would like to know what u think.
    bye

2. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

That's is very true....(from my point of view indeed).

Americans dont worry much about savings(except for vacations) as they feel their nest is growing in 401K.
    Plus they dont save much for their kid's college(atleast the Americans I know).The kids also can work in fast food restaurants to pay for the college.They bring them up that way to be independent when they are 16.

We Indians are brought up in a different way.... so savings and Kids seem to be our priority.

2 people like this.
  3. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey Kads

I agree with you... its really difficult to save in the situation you gave... as most part of the salary will be goin in the EMIs... and rest for vacations...this is for Americans

Also i think for people like me where only one peson is earning in the family it becomes all the more difficult... We have friends who have been staying in USA from a long time but are soo tied with paying their bills and EMIs that they have hardly got time to move around the country and see a few places... one income famiy is the one who suffers i guess and it is not feasible for them.

~Abha

6 people like this.