1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

personal experience with baby care taker?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Reesha, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

hi,

i want to back to office. so recently i hired care taker. but her thinking looks like, she need to just keeping child in her hands as per her job instead of doing chores required to maintain baby.
    she is waiting for my orders always instead of taking own decision as per baby situation.

if baby is fussy, she is trying to divert him instead of making him sooth to sleep.
    If baby is hungry, she unable to catch that & will feed only if i order her.
    so on....

what about baby food making...am i need to prepare every food for baby at morning itself ?

or

am i need to train care taker to cook food for baby on her own?

how i can train care taker in case of soothing techniques of my baby?

my baby still soothed with Breast Feeding. how i can change him to bottle feed soothing from BF? so he can take more fluids ...because he is opposing to take extra milk or water every time. he need my breast milk only...

what are best office timings i have to maintain to balance 10 months baby at home? either early going to office & early reaching to reach home for spending with baby?
    or
    spending with baby then late going to office & late reaching to home?

please share your schedules with me. so i can plan my things.
    as well as share your feelings on your care taker activities with baby...

2. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

HI,

Happy New year.

It will be better if you train the care taker to prepare the baby food so that it will be fresh and hot.

I also had a care taker for my baby girl from 8 months to 3.5 years.

She will look after the baby and prepare food for the baby and bath the baby in the evening, so that after my arrival I can play with baby and feed her night meals without any stress.

But I also had my father/in - laws in the house during day time,so that baby was not alone with care taker.shakeheadAfter 1 year I relaxed a little and baby and care taker was left alone without supervision from my father/in laws.

It will be better if your care taker takes care of the baby food during day time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  3. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Reesha: A Nanny(hired care taker for Baby) is supposed to come with good training. There should not be a need for you to train her other than walk her through the schedule of your baby. There could be two possible things in your scenario. one she could be not comfortable taking her own decision while you're still there or she could definitely not have any experience in handling baby. A nanny should be able to judge when baby is crying for sleeping and when for milk. These two are the most important things that the baby needs at this age and if your nanny cannot judge or act on it, then its time for you to look for a professional care taker.

Weaning BF for comfort sucking is a slow process. Are you planning to pump while at work then try pumping at home and give him bottle when he needs to be soothed but slowly try to completely stop it too.

Timing of your work will totally depend on you. If your DH starts late to work then you can definitely start early and come back home early.

My nanny mashes the food for my baby. I cook in the morning for the whole family so I don't rely on her. But if fruit purees need to be given she will make it around the time and give it to him. You can definitely cook in the morning for your baby to make sure you know what your baby is eating.

Nevertheless as your nanny to make a log of what time your son eats, drink, poops, sleeps. This way you will know what is going on during the day.

2 people like this.
  4. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

@harini3 mademydaysmileyThanks harini. i got some sort of supportive feeling with your experience. how is your baby now? any problems you'r baby faced with nanny i mean like feeling uncomfortable with nanny so that she start crying bit so on...

please share your some more of your tiny good & bad experiences with nanny hear. so i can take precautions for my baby. because i googledgooglesmiley for real time experiences with nannies. but i didn't find single thread for it specially about indian nannies.thinkingsmiley

@Chitravivek
    mademydaysmileyThanks you chitra. yes now i am looking for trained nanny. but it's bit hard to get trained nanny to my home location for live out. so i am thinking on live in type nanny who experienced. I started BF weaning from 1 month onwards. even though he manged himself to enter into sleep, still he will cried to top when he is waking up in middle of sleep time. by that time he needs me. baby not sucking bottle nipple. every time i am pouring milk into his mouth with bottle to satisfy his fluids need.