1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Perseverance

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by LakshmiKMBhat, Dec 26, 2013.

1. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

It is the nesting season once more and all around us we birds very busy . They carry dry grass and leaves to wherever they have chosen as the special place to build their home.
    There is a dwarf variety of areca plant in our garden and its leaves grow in such a way that they are ideal for nests. A few years ago, a little bulbul built and laid eggs . One day to our horror, we saw a bigger bird which is carnivorous, eating the eggs. The little parent birds were screeching at top of their voices but they were helpless and we too could do nothing. notdonesmiley
    That plant was never again used as a nesting place.

This year the bulbuls wanted to build their nest inside our house but we shooed them away. There are curtains in our verandah and they decided the space above the curtain cloth, supported by the rod an ideal place. We thought it a dangerous place and every time they brought in the dry leaves and sticks, we made the birds go away. We thought we had succeeded . I was away for a week and when I came back home, I saw a secure nest built and the little bird sitting in it, calmly as you please. It is there and we are very careful not to move the curtains or switch on the fan. It would be terrible if the birds hit the fan. The little bird is there in the nest all the time. It goes out for short intervals.
    In the mornings, we can see the bird very clearly , but during nights it looks like a grey fluffy ball.
    Hope everything goes on well.

Perseverance- that is what we learn from such small beings. Anything is possible if we really want something. Where there is a will, there is a way.:)

[FONT=&quot]"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone not by violence but by oft falling." ~Lucretius ([/FONT]Titus Lucretius Carus (c. 99 BC – c. 55 BC) was a Roman poet and philosopher)[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking." ~Buddhist Saying[/FONT]

View attachment 202004

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Really such a preservance for the little one. But won't you move the curtains here and there? how you are managing with it?

The pics are so cute, thanks for sharing.

3. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Thanks Pallavi,
    We are being very careful:) I think the eggs have been hatched , we see the mother bulbul going out more often , and it seems as if she is feeding the babies but we dare not look into the nest in case we disturb something.
    Lakshmi