Periods during Festive days - How to manage

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by prchitra, Sep 16, 2015.

1. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Hi..

How do you manage periods during festive days.. tomorrow is ganesha chaturti.. i got periods today..

Tomorrow every one will ask, you are not doing pooja tomorrow in your home?? from now itself my MIL is start telling go and buy ganesha.. i dont know how to tell..

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Get your husband and your children to do the pooja

3. VIDHYAG

VIDHYAG New IL'ite

Hi all. M new to this forum
    Actually I have problem with my periods. I had light spotting on 26 august then nothing happened. Then light spotting again on 30 aug and then no bleeding again. On 2 sep that is yesterday had little heavier spotting for some time. But no bleeding. My periods is due only on 6th Aug. Now I m confused whether I should do vinayaka chaturthi pooja on Monday or not considering it as pre menstrual spotting. Even if I treat 2nd sep as first day of periods 5th sep will be my fourth day. Vinayaka is my favorite god and dont want to miss the pooja staying away. Can I prepare neivedya after taking oil bath if there is no or little bleeding. Pl help. I m breaking my head with this confusion.

I had to skip Naga chaturthi and garuda panchami even when I had no actual bleeding at all just because of spotting two days before it.
    Expecting a reply as soon as possible. Thank u friends

4. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Same problem with me.
    Every festival I'm off with my M cycle.
    Thanks to my understanding DH and MIL. They just let me take my time.
    FIL knows nothing and keeps on calling me, and I was :BangHead:

I usually go to neighbours/ friends house during pooja time