1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Periods At 10.

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by EagerForInfo, Sep 16, 2022.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

My daughter got her periods at 10. Just last month. Please suggest what all I should be teaching and telling her ? My mind has become jello. I know this is pretty basic but I need advice here ladies.

2. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

hey,
    As we know most of the girls starts getting their period from 10 yr old to 13 yrs old as many say, we as a parents are worried about day to day things and we dont pay attention that kids are growing as we are. so here is the time for you to take it slowly and ask her if she has any questions she want to talk as many kids now a days know whats going on with their body at this age.
    talk about cleaning, using body sprays,lotions...

please dont pass your phobia about period to your daughter, AS a mom we want our kids to be strong and courageous and provide them with all the strenght they need to take care of things...

drdiva likes this.
  3. drdiva

drdiva Silver IL'ite

Dear Op
    You seem tob worried about the fact that your daughter had periods at 10 yrs of age..most important advice is to dont make a big deal out of it and dont pass your worry onto your daughter..Tell her its normal..and make her feel normal..rest i know you can guide and help her..
    I got my periods early and doctors and everyone made a big deal out of it..i felt very bad..so telling from my own experience..i really feel that they should have educated me..at that time instead of making it a big deal..i think i would have better understood it if they had taught me..

chanchitra likes this.
  4. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Teach her to change pads as needed.
    How to stick a pad.
    Keep trying different kinds of pads and stick to the one she is comfortable.
    Talk about cramps. If needed give her ibuprofen.
    What is your worry?