1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Perimenopause And Crashing Fatigue

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Laks09, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,
    Anyone who went through very early menopause(late 30s)? How did you handle the various symptoms and manage young kids?
    I have been at it for a couple of years now and it’s getting progressively worse. I didn’t realize what was going on initially but now know. I have a lot of worsening symptoms - weight gain, emotional roller coaster(feels like I’m going through terrible PMS every other week), leg cramps, crashing fatigue(worst ever), flooding(happened in public last week) and of course irritability. I also feel like my mood is always low.
    I know I should exercise and lose weight but when I’m having crashing fatigue and leg cramps how can I work out? I’m eating right for the most part but am still extremely exhausted most day. My leg cramps aren’t due to magnesium deficiency. Mom had it too.

I know many on here has gone through this and is on the other end. Any words of wisdom?
    My doc doesn’t want to do HRT because I have migraines which have exasperated now.
    I’m taking estroven the OTC natural menopausal supplement once a day and vitamins. What else?

On good days, I run and go for yoga. Good days are first half of the cycle and the cycle is now 23 days. Needless to say I’m almost always PMSsy and even I don’t like my company these days.

Btw - no sleep too. I just can’t sleep. Never had this issue ever so it’s a surprise.

2. Laks09

Tagging @Shanvy - Any home remedies?

3. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

I had these symptoms when I was 22 year old . I took normal medicines. It did not get cured . Took homeo for 6 months and got alright . I don't suggest u to stop normal medicines as only doctor can suggest . But I can try homeo side by side

Laks09 likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hugs buddy @Laks09

Been there and still going through the effects. Menopause <35 and a heart condtiion so no hrt. Can understand what you are going through especially with the demands due to your younger one’s need. I had all those symptoms after menopause which was surgical.

I had and have these burning sensation as if on fire when I wear synthetic dupattas or silk. I am a fan of pure cotton now
    It will get better but when don’t ask me.

Exercise not the vigorous running.walks and yoga and deep breathing.
    Eating food high in isoflavins is a trick.soy helps if you are not allergic. Up your vit d and vit E and b.

Look up primrose oil the best in period cramps pms and other problems. I think capsules maybe available in your parts

As Harini says homeo is a choice along with their Bach therapies.

Shatavari could help. Ask Amma for the legiyam not the otc capsules.

And chamomile tea and chamomile oil(even diffuser) for that sleep. It is the stress and the body that creates havoc. Have never had a peaceful 8 hrs sleep for long. My story another day.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Laks09 likes this.
  5. Laks09

Thanks! I need that.
    Will try to go to yoga more than once a week :)
    I’m doing Vit d and b per doc. I should add in E vits.
    Soy - Can’t tolerate too much. I’m trying the over the counter meds which doc suggested might help. It is marketed as natural menopause relief and I haven’t read the label clearly but may have some soy.

Thanks. I’m doing Ayurvedic oils for my leg cramps and it’s a messy thing. Will do primrose instead.

Noooo. Not a fan of lehiyam and Amma is waiting for my DH to visit to replenish my lehiyam. Not another one. It has helped(not sure which one). This latest flare is after I completed the lehiyam so im going to ask Amma for the shatavari. I was told the Ayurvedic one is a three months course. Have to get Amma to check on that.

I need sleep. I’m walkinf around like a zombie. Will try chamomile tea.

I’ll keep you posted!

justanothergirl and Shanvy like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

iyou can’t tolerate soy as milk. try it in other forms like tofu. they are rich source of isoflavanoids which must be present in your otc too.

read up on phytonestrogens

have flax seeds roasted
    have sesame seeds
    have whole black urad as sprouts or even in idli dosa batter.

if your bleeding makes you worried of publci shows pomegranate is your friend. just juice the white membrane and pearls together and have it known to help. dont understimate the power of raisins too.

there was this colleague of dh who sent a pack of powdered black seed some 5 yrs back sayinf her nani suggested. i had it to honor that concern. i was doing well only to have other complications

would you believe i read a article substantiating her nani later
    Black Seed Shows Promising Health Effects for Women

the black seed or kalonji is prominently used. you get it whole, powder and even oil.

and havr you seen sex and city 2.. one them craves estrogen and says hummus is full of it..i just remembered that..

get that headache and fatigue out of the equation the rest is jhel lenge baath. no other go..

hugs

Laks09 and justanothergirl like this.
  7. Laks09

Thanks @Shanvy! I knew you would be a wealth of information. I definitely have to try the pomegranate.

Kalonji - who knew! I will definitely try it.
    Hummus - that’s a favorite. Should try it.

Yes I feel like if I can manage the fatigue and migraines, the rest is manageable.

Shanvy likes this.
  8. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Hope you had blood test to make sure you are not anemic or don't have any thyroid issues. Those two can make one very tired.
    For migraines, find the triggers and avoid it. Sinus related issues, magnesium deficiency etc can also cause it.