1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

perhaps a glimmer of the rising sun

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jaijui0, Apr 10, 2009.

1. jaijui0

jaijui0 Senior IL'ite

..please indulge me in this timely politcal caper

India was in the throes of elections, the greatest show of the democratic process in the world. The people of other nations watched it with awe and envy.
    A long time ago the Indian Empire of Chandragupta Maurya was something to talk about, but it might as well be a myth. Much had changed since.
    We have gone down hill with hundreds of small and large kingdoms where the Maharajahs exploited their own people. Then came the raiders Mohd. of Ghazni, Nadir Shah, the Mughals followed by the British .
    All raped and plundered unfettered , because we are a docile people.
    The worst of the plunderers have been our own politicians, the so called elected politicians of a free democracy,mired in a plague of corruption.
    It is still the greatest democracy in spite of all its flaws.
    Now this time in 2009 a great danger threatens it, the threat of a third paty, other than the BJP and Congress.
    The threat is Kumarii Mayawati with her party of hardcore criminals who form the U.P. delegation of Lok Sabha members.
    Behind the scene , intense negotiations have been going on between her party and the Communists,and parties of Cheeranjeevi ,Jayalalitha and others .
    The rumours were rampant.If you thought the Kumari would be content with a diamond studded bathroom or hundreds of Commando body guards or a few hundred statues of herself, think again.
    There were plans to confiscate all the gold in the landso as to build bricks of gold leading to her new palace. A temple grander than the Taj Mahal was in the planning stages,with a 60 ft. statue of the Kumari as the center piece. All middle class would be taxed to death, thereby putting India back to poverty.
    In the early hours of the dawn, two men met on the banks of the Ganga in Varanasi or Benares, the holiest city in India.
    They were small in stature,rather old but their personality and demeanor was impressive.
    One could see the wisdom and kindness in their eyes .These were giants among men.
    "Lal Kishen, my friend,it was good of you to come at such short notice," said the gentleman in the turban.
    "I had to , Manmohan. Not since Independence has our country faced such peril. By the way , forgive me for the remark about you being soft on terror in regards to the Mumbai attacks . It was just politics."
    "I know . I was very tempted to remind you of B.J.P.'s lack of response to Pakistan after the attack on Indian Parliament. Knowing you , I thought that would be the end of Pakistan."
    "It would have been. But I was not the Prime Minister . It was our great poet Atal Bihari who went against me that time."
    " So what do we do about Kumari Mayawati? Besides being an illierate thug herself,she is bringing in half a hundred criminals into the Lok Sabha which immediately brings them immunity from any prosecution.We have enough criminals in your party and mine, Manmohan."
    "How did we get to this stage Lal Kishen? After 1947, we have gone steadily downhill. Where do you think we will all be at the end of May ?"
    "Whatever happens, neither you nor me should accept any coalition deal with the Kumari, just to win the ruling party. We should think of India first, " stated L.K. Advani.
    " I agree completely," replied Manmohan . " But the big question is, what if she has a coalition of many smaller parties and this third party has more members than Congress or B.J.P? I have heard rumours of the Naxalites forming their own party and joining the group."
    "We will then be a nation governed by criminals and we cannot allow that , can we Manmohan?"
    "Which is why we are here, Lal Kishen. I have always dreamed of our two parties merging into one.
    In my heart of hearts , I have admired you and your principles even though we are on opposite sides.I will also tell you in confidence that I have admired the R.S.S. all my life."
    " And I have admired you in turn, "said L.K.,"almost with envy. We cannot let our beloved India fall into chaos and disruption. Nor can we lose the respect of the world we have struggled so hard to earn.
    If and when the time arises , I will talk to my party and convince them."
    "And I think there are enough in the Congress who will go along with this merger."
    Thus a secret pact was agreed upon as the sun rose over the edge of the water. Both parties would fight for power as usual, but if needed , they would join together .
    If that ever happened , Chandragupta Maurya would be proud , because India would be a shining star, far superior to every other nation on earth.
    As the two began walking back, a dozen or so bearded men with their faces hidden by scarves began walking behind them and were almost upon them when...
    "Look out , look out," she screamed.
    'Wake up Jai,' said her friends ,shaking her "You have been dozing and talking in your sleep again."

2. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear JJ,
    Lovely, though must admit iam not into Indian politics, but i hope your wish in the form of dream come true.
    I wonder how could janatha elect the goondas to parliament. People still are not thinking especially in UP.
    Your style and sense of humor is something i enjoy.
    Jaya

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear jj,

so concerned about Indian politics that u dream about it haha...... anyway it made a great read

love
    Mindi

4. swethakalyanee

swethakalyanee New IL'ite

Hi Jai,

A vice nice post....
    Somehow I strongly feel that your dream will just remain a dream and will not come true! :(
    Indian politics seem to be in gutters these days where votes are cast not based on the novel ideas of leaders, but based on their religion or community! Thats how ministers like kumari are gaining popularity.
    God Save India!

5. jaijui0

jaijui0 Senior IL'ite

jaya,
    thank u for appreciating my humour .. U.P. forms a big chunk of our land and population ....that and Bihar ..it is unfortuante ..but i have pinned my hopes on good governance in India ..:)

mindi,
    he he Yes i have huge hopes for our future

swetha,
    welcome here i know my dream will only stay a dream ..yes God save India He will !! :)

love
    jaijui