1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

perculiar behaviors!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by aparnaram, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

True sadwife!
    Dont understand why all MIL's are so worried about this??Doesn't they like their sons to cooperate with their wives or will they happy if the couple fight everyday infront of them??

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

So, you have a cunning Co-sis. Just follow same formula like her, if she is alone arrange a severe fight!!!

3. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Sita,

shrikala, sadwife... not sure how you gals bear with such behavior from your Hs... H fighting with us for his sister itself is so irritating... but H fighting for his SIL is simply insane... How can any sensible guy give more preference to brothers wife than his own???

Well, it's not to that extreme that my hubby preference his SIL than me.
    He hardly speaks to her.
    It's like when I tell him something like," Your SIL told your mum she called me many times but I didn't pick up my phone, but I never received any call from her."
    Hubby will not take it seriously and change the topic, assuming his SIL wouldn't have said that with any bad intention. Well, her intention is to make my MIL think I purposely didn't answer her calls because didn't want to keep in touch or be close with my BIL's family.

He says we must respect her no matter what since she's elder to us. Bull ****.
    I believe in GIVE RESPECT AND TAKE RESPECT, no matter how old you are.

Psych,

Is there a special dance you do before poring sambar over rice??? :biglaugh:biglaugh

I can't stop imagining all of us dancing infront our PIL before serving sambar. :rotfl:rotfl

Priya_Mommy,

Dont understand why all MIL's are so worried about this??Doesn't they like their sons to cooperate with their wives or will they happy if the couple fight everyday infront of them??

So, you have a cunning Co-sis. Just follow same formula like her, if she is alone arrange a severe fight!!!

Most MIL will be happy if their son fights with his wife, since they can satisfy their false ego that their son loves his wife less.

Basically I don't hurt anyone even if they hurt me. I'll be very angry and would plan to ask them something sarcastically the next time I meet or when they say something unpleasant, but the minute I see them I show a friendly face and talk to them nicely. That's my weak point. I think it's my nature. :spin Hope to change this soon.

Once or twice I did say something straight on her face but kept myself laughing and I know she felt bad about it and from then on being 'slightly' nicer with me. I don't talk much with her now even if she wants to have long conversations.

4. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

heheh I now!! I too am a south indian and i was surprised. From then onwards i asked my hubby to serve food to his father (and me as well). He didnt like that either - but too bad. I can handle FIL. But MIL is a cunning one. knows enough politics to cause fights with me and DH. I will need to be very political when she comes.BUT I have my fellow iLites to vent and guide!! Boy am I glad to have joined this forum??? So many nice folks!!! So many different views and Suggestions!!And always advising to take a middle ground!! Love this forum!!

5. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Psych,
    Thts nice to know that you act so politically when your MIL comes there!!
    But somehow I felt - Who is the culprit??Is it MIL or DIL?? Is it something like - Seed first or plant first?
    Are MIL's pretty immature in thinking that their sons will bend for DILs???
    Dont they remember their own experience as a new bride past??
    Per my experiece, the new bride doesn't have enought knowledge about the new family and tries to observe the things around, in the process, they tend to be silent and behave as if they are accepting and very patient. But in due course, dont know where the patience goes away, they takes an U-turn and become rebels.

6. DDC

DDC Silver IL'ite

Shrikala,
    Start sending Valentine's Day cards to your BIL. :cheers Make sure the whole family is aware of it & if anyone asks- tell them you are just following the family tradition, BIL is like your bro & how can they even think such cheap thoughts etc etc

P.S: Dont forget to photoshop BIL's pics & have them as your screensaver. :crazy

I'm sure SIL, In-Laws & of course DH will come to their senses pretty quickly.

7. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

thank you DDC. my hubby will have something 2 say like she knows me for 20 years n like my mother (though shes only a year older) u know him only for few months y do u send it blah blah
    i'll tie a rakhi to that guy and keep sending him all emotional, sentimental emails and cards and even clothes but only to him. but in this family they just turn plates n say oh my son n dil is soooo good even the new dil worships them :biglaugh

8. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

Someoen needs to wake up indian parents!! They are so abusive towards theirs DIL's. I mean if they love their son and sons money so much why did they get him married??? Better let him stay single and tae care of the parents!

9. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Another peculiar behavior (courtesy: SIL)

My MIL once bought hair clips, bindis, bangles, skirts kind of stuff for me and sent them with SIL when she was coming to US (DH and I were only dating at that time). SIL shows them to me and tells me that MIL bought them for me, but never gave me that stuff... maybe I should only see and enjoy :bonk

After marriage, MIL brought me some fancy jewelry, but before MIL could give them to me, SIL wore them in front of me and then while leaving gave the used jewelry as a gift. :bonk

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  10. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

heres one of MILs wisdom she blurted out yesterday.
    (she dont have any daughters and my husband is away not sure when he'll return)
    Shes telling me, oh ur mom must be very sad and worrying her daughter is like this with husband away, because u r a girl. me, i dont care because i have a son, i dont bother if he is away from his wife.
    friends help me pick a smiley that suits this statement :bowdown, :rotfl,:biglaugh,:bonk,:crazy
    i did give her back many times about this irritating boasting of hers that she dont have a daughter and only sons. i tell her most sons dont give emotional support look at ur sons and look at me and my friends how much we r there for our parents.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010