Peoplesoft HRMS selflearning - guidance pls

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by whatznext, Apr 6, 2011.

1. whatznext

whatznext New IL'ite

I am in HR field and would like to move to HR functional side learning peoplesoft. Can any of you please guide me where to start. I want to learn at home.

Thank you

2. Rsridharan

Rsridharan New IL'ite

Hi,

I am a full time PeopleSoft HR Consultant. I can help you out with some links.

Would you be more interested in learning technical side of PS or the PS HCM Functionality?

Regards
    Ramya

3. Nithya001

Nithya001 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I cannot answer this question but since this thread is about HR I have a query. Sorry to butt in, any help is appreciated.
    I am looking for some short term training course to enter the HR field in Bangalore. Basically I am looking for jobs in Bangalore and am interested in HR field since I think that would suit me best. I do not have an MBA or experience in HR. I am returning to India after 5 years and looking for jobs.
    Are there any 6 months to 1 year courses that can train a person to enter HR field? Are there any entry level positions in HR where a person can learn on the job? One of my friend suggested me to do SAP HR course. If I do SAP can I get entry level job?
    thanks

4. Rsridharan

Rsridharan New IL'ite

I am sorry, I have no information regarding HR training courses. I feel that you may get better responses if you create a new thread as this thread title specifically states "PeopleSoft".

Regards
    Ramya

5. whatznext

whatznext New IL'ite

Thanks ramya for your response,

I have done my MBA HR and worked in HR field as executive for quite some years and with this knowledge i want to move into the functional side. I am interested in HCM functionality.

I am not from Engineering background therefore not so good in technical side, though I have done sql, plsql and some small courses havent really used it.

Can you please provide me with the links and what I have to download to learn at home.

6. whatznext

whatznext New IL'ite

ramya, i am just wishing that you visit this thread again and provide me some inputs