1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

People who read

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aquamarine, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Aqua,

"We seldom see as they are, we often see them as we are".... How true....

When I see some of the people reading great management books etc and experiences of others.... I used to think... what great books they are reading, they should be highly intellects etc.etc... Lot of times I see them missing on the basics, in the work place... Each and every book has been written by the author based on their experiences or given situations... We cannot apply the same in our real life... We have to learn from their experiences... But how many of us does that... we are proud in quoting the lines or phrases from that book, without practising...

I enjoy reading historical novels... Chandilyan-Tamil and Cowboy stories.... For the last 2/3 trips to India, I purchased few of these books and was reading during the waiting/flying time in the airport.... I found people looking at me sceptically.... I couldnt control my laugh...

With regard to Psychological thrillers / Comix.... I like those things....

Veda

2. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Thank you so much. Will hope to write something though i have a long way to go to match mom's and some of the priceless gems that i have unraveled here in Indus.

Warm Wishes,

Priya

3. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Hi Veda,

I thoroughly agree with you. I have seen people look at my very cynically when i am reading The Archies. But what to do, I get amused by reading them and they are fantastic reads. Do let me know what type of books you like. Do you read Keith Ablow - he is one writer who has set a trend in the Psychological thrillers way of novels.

Warm Wishes,

Aqua.