1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

People Reluctant To Step Out Of Their Comfort Zone

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jun 29, 2017.

1. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

The word " Comfort Zone " itself indicates that the person is happy , contented in her present condition . If she wants a change , she must have the freedom to take a step for that . In this I agree , other peoole should not pull her down , scare her or prevent her .

At the same time , a person should be mature enough to understand alll pros and cons of taking a bold step , out of ordinary, if she wants to experience something out of her ordinary existance . She must be strong and ready to assume responsiblity for her action . Without such maturity , simply being bold and radical for the sake of appearing great , or getting influenced by unwanted media portrayals is not so advisable .
    Safety , in everything , is more important than thrills .

Mistt and Umanga like this.
  2. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

What a sensible post. Thank you.

Most of us are in not in our comfort zone and are desperately trying to get there.

To tell such people to get out of their comfort zone when they have never been inside it is tantamount to playing a cruel joke.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Those who have positive thinking will definitely try to step out of their comfort zone and will try to test new avenues in which they have passion instead of stagnating. A person who is employed in a company for a monthly salary, later could become a dealer or a franchchisee after learning the in and out of the business. It all depends on the individual's self confidence.
    A person working in a newspaper can become a freelancer later.
    PS

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Those who are not in comfort zone and trying to get there should try hard to get there or else should try to take new route with expert advice.
    PS

5. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

we can't impose, its completely the individuals choice to stay in the comfort zone or just take a chance........

Mistt likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Each individual has the right to use his/her free will and no one can force them to step out of their comfort zone if they don't want to.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion,
    PS

7. kalcandu

kalcandu Silver IL'ite

I agree that one should not try to remain in one's comfort zone.

This being in comfort zone is a euphemism for laziness/fear of change.
    When it is used in that sense, it should not be encouraged.
    I can relate to this phase so much because at many instances in my life, my parents pushed me out of my so called comfort zone. I resisted severely at first but today I have understood how they trained me to face life on my own.

Just like a child does not want to go to school but parents force the child to go and get educated because it is good for the child.

One is attached to some idea of what is good for me/what is bad for me and hence wont give it up.

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear @kalcandu,
    What you have said is true. Laziness makes people to stay in their comfort zone. They think as long as I am having a comfortable life why to take risk and tread on unknown path. They have the mentality, " A bird in hand worth two in the bush".

By facing challenges in life we gain strength, courage, and self confidence. We don't grow when things are going easy. Only when we handle tough situations we gain experience and grow
    Glad that your parents pushed you out of your comfort zone and now you realize that they have done a good thing.

PS

kalcandu likes this.
  9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa,
    As things change, more and more advancements are made, we have to move on whether we are comfortable or not.Initially anything new will be uncomfortable.As we get used to,we feel the utility value.There are more cell phones than the number of human beings on earth.A funny advt with the baby in the womb refusing to come out until 'wifi' connection is made was very famous in television.
    I think'free will ' is rather not applicable to this simple comfort zone.The person who felt comfortable travelling in a bullock cart has necessarily to be deprived of his comfort.Even today 'land line' is more comfortable to me, as I miss many calls during travel due to impaired audible powers.
    But asking a 90 year old lady suffering from vision and hearing and nervous disorders and those who have lost focus,to use modern gadgets is rather too much.
    When there is a will, there is a way' cannot be made applicable to them.Such persons will mostly be contended with whatever they have..

For others,leaving one's comfort zone ,though seems to be forced and seems to stand as an impediment on one's freedom, becomes an acquired habit within a short period once the initial hesitation departs.
    jayasala 42

10. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Very interrsting to see the debate , different views . So , finally i think it is always each. ones own preference and also each ones capability and family circumstance etc .

But while thinking on this , I was also wondering about the " words of wisdom " everyone likes to give always .
    " Contentment is Bliss " or " Contentment is real wealth "
    " Pothum ennum maname pon cheyyum marunthu "
    " Learn to appreciate what you have than to long for what you dont "
    " The Harvest of Peace grows from Seeds of Contentment "

I can also understand that there can be no progress or development in anything if everyone is contented to remain in " comfort zone " .

Mistt likes this.