1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Peechu Mithai And Maths Textbook

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by teenulahari, Jan 20, 2018.

1. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Ha Ha that's funny:p @kkrish, I think now you need a time machine to do it..Thank u for ur feedback;), felt happy after reading ur comment.

Love
    Teenu

2. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

@Viswamitra,

:DYes, it is cotton candy.

Wowww!! u r such a sweet brother Sir:hearteyes:

I was imagining the entire narration, how cute u would've looked with that coin in your hand. Your brother is right, u r too smart :)

Thant's hilarious:roflmao:This reminded me of one childhood incident. When I was in U.K.G. PROGRESS CARDS were given to us and in it ranks were given. That was the first time I heard about ranking. I got the 17th Rank and my best friend Reehana got the 21st rank. I thought rank 21 is more than rank 17 and so I got jealous and started crying:crybaby2:. Later, my teacher explained me about how ranks are given and told me that I got a better rank than Reehana.

Thank u for sharing ur childhood memories with us sir.

Love
    Teenu

Thyagarajan and kaniths like this.
  3. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Happy to see your fb @periamma. Thanks for sharing ur experience.

Thank u @Amica

Thank u @Sunburst . Actually, In my school days I used to hate mathematics but now my perspective has changed. Now, I really love doing math sums, puzzles etc. in my leisure time.:yum:

Thank u soo much for your fb @knbg

Sunburst and knbg like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda Finest Post Winner

Mine too Teenu! Sold the maths book in return for sweets and intended selling the social studies book! LOL. I loved your philosophy! Many students talk about selling their books but you actually did it!!! I did not have the guts to do such things, so I can only laugh and enjoy reading about your gall!!! :number_one:

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Nice snippet which brought old memories. I used to like stick icecream which was only 25 ps in my days but did not have 25 ps to buy that icecream. Our parents had to struggle to make a living. Glad that we are well off and able to fulfill our children's wishes but have to keep them in control and teach them the value of money. My husband used to be very strict with my children and used to buy which is necessary.

Congrats for being nominated

Thyagarajan and teenulahari like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@teenulahari @Viswamitra
    Viswamitra said: ↑
    It is cotton candy, right? I loved it until I heard that your mother used to call it as made out of the seller's beard.
    :D Yes, it is cotton candy.
    Peechu Mithai is called Son Papdi otherwise but Cotton Candy is different. Son Papdi is highly labour oriented but Cotton Candy is quite simple to make if you have the required rotating device. Son Papdi is given as prasad in many temples in North.
    The biggest difference between Son Papdi and Cotton Candy is that you don't have to sell your Maths book for cotton candy. A few pages of maths note book will do for Cotton Candy. Son Papdi is a much layered delicacy that melts in your mouth.

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thank you for clarifying Cheeniya Sir. I have known them as Cotton Candy (Panju Mithai) and Son Papdi and I have never heard the term "Peechu Mithai" before.

Viswa

teenulahari likes this.
  8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Peechu mithai is a Telugu word for Son papdi.... Even I got confused but what Cheeniya sir said was correct. I love to eat peechu mithai ( Son papdii ) but not cotton candy...

Peechu mithai
    DSC02973.JPG

Cotton candy
    cotton.jpg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Thyagarajan, kaniths and teenulahari like this.
  9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

teenulahari likes this.
  10. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Did you really do that or is it a mocked up story .... lol...:yikes::worship2::worship2::worship2:..And Social studies book is saved by Mathematics teacher... ROFL..Was laughing really loud @ my work...

Your friend partner in crime should feel proud now..

But thats true even my peechu mithaai man used to give for papers, sometimes for plastic items also.
    Thanks for the snippet.
    --PS

Thyagarajan and teenulahari like this.