1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Peechu Mithai And Maths Textbook

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by teenulahari, Jan 20, 2018.

1. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

[​IMG]
    For you @Mistt dear....enjoy:):tonguewink:

shravs3, kaniths and Mistt like this.
  2. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

ha ha nice one... childhood days...

teenulahari likes this.
  3. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

Hilarious...... read some where in the post it is real and its your personal experience.

:tonguecrazy:

teenulahari likes this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao:That was hilarious Teenulahari.
    I simply loved this justification! Brilliant!!!

Looking back I am kicking myself for not treating my textbooks this way.

You see I always wanted to taste that sticky candy that the guy would roll up as a watch or butterfly and tie to your hands. Of course the parents have to ban it as "unhealthy". (Yeah, whatever we like, they called it "unhealthy")
    I would have traded all my textbooks for that one.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@teenulahari,

It is cotton candy, right? I loved it until I heard that your mother used to call it as made out of the seller's beard.

Neither my brother nor I attempted to sell any of our text books in exchange for candy. However, I caught my brother selling weekly Tamil magazines in exchange for something to eat. My mother was complaining about missing weekly magazines for a while as she used to sell them in exchange for money. I kept quiet until she found out about my brother's adventure. She was very mad at him and asked me, "Did you know about this?" and I answered, "Yes. But I didn't want my brother to face a punishment for that". Despite this truthful admission, I got punished along with my brother for not telling the truth on time.

But I have other interesting stories to tell about my childhood. When I was four, I insisted on going to school and my mother took me to Ramakrishna Mission elementary school in T.Nagar. The Head Master told my mother I was too young to join Standard 1 and asked her to bring me a year later. Immediately, I took a coin I had in my pocket and offered to the Head Master. Both Head Master and my mother laughed and HM decided to admit me. After I grew up my brother used to make fun of me stating that I was the only one who knew how to bribe at the age of 4.

The very first class test, I got a zero. Those days teachers used to put a dash next to 0 on either side of the numerator to indicate that the maximum possible score could be in three digits with a denominator 100. I genuinely thought my teacher was happy to draw a picture and showed to everyone on the street. When everyone laughed, I thought they were happy about my accomplishment until my mother scolded me for not only getting zero but also for showing it proudly to everyone on the street.

Viswa

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@teenulahari Good trade Maths book for Mithai .you have taken me fifty years back .After lunch our gang used to go out and buy coconut Mithai in account .After a week 's time account will be settled.Luckily i didn't exchange the books.sweet memories

7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

You are my hero! :tearsofjoy:

satchitananda and teenulahari like this.
  8. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Haha this is hilarious . Who likes math anyway ??o_O

periamma and teenulahari like this.
  9. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow such a 'sweet' nostalgic, 'light'post...nice narration Lahari...thanks

teenulahari likes this.
  10. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Thank u @amunique for ur fb:yum:

Thank u @Vandhuamma for ur comment. I wonder why everyone is asking whether it is real:thinking: