1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Peaceful Hobby

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by needawayout, Nov 3, 2019.

1. needawayout

needawayout Silver IL'ite

hello ladies ! I have heard of people having different hobbies, some like reading books, cooking, travelling, some others have fancier ones ...
    I have been through those phases - Have collected a library of some books. Have done some moderate amount of cooking. But of late, I see myself cleaning up things.

The other day, I even received a comment that why am I always cleaning everything

I see myself waiting for the weekends - and I finish eating breakfast, maybe some little weekend chores and then starts the cleaning - with a rag, I am cleaning the windows, grills, curtains, shelves, rearranging clothes, vacuuming every corner of the rooms, buying lot of storage containers on & on.

I am just going about doing all of this silently, and I just realized that it gives such peace. I dont know if I "enjoy" it or not. BUt I look forward to it, and I am just going at it. I have my own thoughts going around and at the end of it when I am tired, I just like to laze out with youtube or Indusladies.com :)

Am I going into a withdrawal phase? (like pre-depression thing).
    Oh, I do go to work every day have my work commitments, things going on fine.
    My problem for a few years now has been being single. thats for another day.

Whatever it is, it is definitely nice !

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Psychologists say that it is not good to be obsessed with cleaning. Cleaning the kitchen, flooring etc may be taken as daily chores. But weekly cleaning of curtains etc are considered a bit too much. better stop doing excessive cleaning for three weeks.
    If you don't feel any compulsive feeling to do the chores, it is ok. otherwise it is good to restrict the habit to once a month or once
    in 3 weeks.

Jayasala 42