PCOS: Questions, doubts

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, Mar 27, 2007.

1. daafne1

daafne1 New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

i was diagonised as PCOS two months before. The problem for me is irregular periods and i get periods more than 15days. i have haemoglobin content as 8 and i am taking Fesovit for that. my doctor also recommended Metformin, Folic acid and duphaston. doctor asked to try naturally for 2 months and come. In the pelvic scan report it is mentioned as i have tiny multiple cycts in the ovaries?

Did any one face a problem with this kind of periods problem?
    i am much worried about this.
    Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It seems like you have PCOS. Take those tablets regularly without fail!
    PCOS can be treated with proper case, controlled diet & regular exercise. Avoid carbohydrate based foot, increase protein rich food in your diet, more vegetables, fruits & greens. Just do walkign regulary everyday. All these will help in achieving your goals!
    Baby dust to you.

3. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,
    I want to share my experience about PCOD here.
    I also faced problem of irregular period or almost 2 months I didnt get my period that was the alarm for me:crazy ,when checked with one doctor she diagonised it has i have PCOD and i kept on thinking on it only.....

But later on i found a good doctor and she did my blood test and found I have High TSH (Thyroid) and High prolactin.

she explained me that all problems started bcoz of high TSH . then no ovulation occured so PCOD and prolactin high.

TSH------High prolactin------PCOD

so I just want to stress that for PCOD always there is some history behind it.

Now my doctor has corrected my TSH and Prolactin level so my periods are regularnow touch wood (exact 28 days). but she is not giving me any medicine for pcod.....as if i work on other things and follow healthy lifestyle ....pcod will be gone....

from the day my periods started it was 35 days always.in beginning days i visited diff gynec but all told it will be regular...ignore ...but my doctor says Thyroid must have been there from that time only.....I have lost my beautifull hair bcoz of that.(initially they were long and more in quantity ..today i have ok hairs)...so please i urge evryone to share this thing with all the gals even if they are not in TTC

and believe me 70 % gals have pcos in general but they dont know it as they conceive naturally and have childrens also.so dont think only you have PCOS or PCOD.....only it has reached to alarming level in case of you but you can control it !!!! so start working towards it......:)

Thanks
    Swati

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  4. oleenam

oleenam Junior IL'ite

Hi,

I am taking metformin 500mg/day since last month and i got period on jan 6th after 6months..I have been testing with OPK since CD10..But I never got a positive one and its always faint ones ranging between 50% to 80%..I even tried with changing regular OPK's with digital ones and took tests on the same time everyday at 1pm..But yesterday on CD19 my temperature has shifted from 96.93F to 97.40F and today it was 97.58F..Does it mean I have already ovulated?.If then how I missed it??...

Does OPK shows positive for a PCOS person??
    What you guys do to find ovulation other than BBT and OPK?

5. Vasumathy

Oleenam,
    I don't have practical knowledge with OPKs or with BBTs. But here is what i have read in the past! Few women need highly sensitive OPKs. Not every OPKs helps every women. Some say clear blue OPK is very sensitive & detects the hormone change well! Try different OPKs until some thing gives the best results to you! There is need for some trials!
    Take care. All the best to your TTC journey!
    Baby dust to you.

6. apurish18

apurish18 Senior IL'ite

Hi Vasu and Swati,

I have high LH, is there any home remedy to reduce.

Initial days both LH and Prolactin was high but doctor gave medicine and now my Prolactin is normal.

My weight is 50 kgs and my height 5.7 ft. Do I need to do any exercise?

Please suggest.

7. Vasumathy

I don't think you need to reduce your weight. Just maintain it!
    I don't know remedies to reduce LH levels. Haven't read on them as well. With lowering PCOS conditions, LH may reduce!

8. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi Apurish,
    i dont have knowledge about LH and home remedy for it.

your weight is good ...just maintain it...but you can go fo walk and yoga etc which will help in conceving.

9. oleenam

oleenam Junior IL'ite

Thanks vasumathy for ur reply

Today fertilityfriend chart automatically showed me as I already ovulated before the day of temp rise and i did bd only one day before ovulation..But what frustrating me is i already spent about 50$ for OPK's(even tried once with clear blue) and it never showed me when I am ovulating..Hmm..Anyway let me see whether i got pregnant this time...

10. oleenam

oleenam Junior IL'ite

hi apurish18

Eventhough your weight is at the lower end of normal BMI you dont need to gain or lose any weight.I am also have almost your size.My weight is 55kg and height is 5'6.5"..For me RE told to maintain this weight by having moderate carbohydrate(like rice,bread etc) intake and to do 30mins walking 2 or 3 times a week..That's it..You dont need any brisk exercise anyway..