1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

PCOS- Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by smileypriya, Dec 23, 2009.

Do you even know you have PCO?

1. I know and I am on a treatment plan.

50 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. I don't know if I do, but I am on METFORMIN/ Glyciphage medication.

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. I don't know but I do have symptoms. I may need to check with my gynaec.

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. I don't know

6 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

I am suffering from PCOS since 8 yrs...Was diagnosed when i was 18 or so...PCOS affects fertility....But with good medication, good diet and exercise it can be controlled....Many women with PCOS have conceived and given birth to healthy babies...

I myself conceived twice (though both ended in missed abortion) but without medication , just with weight loss....So this time around we r going to go thru tests, then decide good line of treatment ... And i am continuing with my weight loss regime////So ppl dont lose heart even if u have PCOS.....

2. divyagera

divyagera New IL'ite

hi ais,
    i have been daignosed of having PCOS recently,befor that i had an abortion,am really going thru bad time,i mean i dont know what to do ,my doc doesnt tell me anything,nothing,whatver i know its from the net,thats all,so can u tell me how u r managing this,happy to know that u conceive dtwice,but sorry for abortions ,any way did ur doc tell uthe reason for abortion,i have also heard that PCOS can lead to misscarraiges,was this the reason?sorry for asking so many questions,but am in a helpless state.... u said good diet and excercise ,what diet should i take ,my wt is 80kgs,height 156 cms,dont know what to do,how to rduce weight ,plss help

3. divyagera

divyagera New IL'ite

Re: Reg: poly cystic ovaries

hello radha
    can u suggest any good doc in hyd for treating PCOS

4. divyagera

divyagera New IL'ite

Re: Pcos

hi gemni,

really happy to know that u r a mother of 5 months old with pcos,can u tell me what all diet u maintained,did u have any complications during pregnaancy or everything wa s normal?am really scared!!

5. divyagera

divyagera New IL'ite

hello lalisiva ,
    this is divya,am having pcos,had an abortion two mns back and really eager for pregnancy,r u married?can u tell me if how did u know ur diet restrictions like what to eat and what not to eat,and what is the purpose of methi seeds,did u do any thing apart from walking and dieting for weght loss like joining gym

6. gemini19

gemini19 New IL'ite

Hi Divya,

My pregnancy term was very normal like others.I had C-section but that has nothing to do with Pcos.If once u conceived u are sure to conceive again.Not sure whether u want to know abt the diet after conceiving or before conceiving.After conceiving i was nt on diet i had everything , before conceiving as i already said had oats with buttermilk (without salt) in morning as brkfast.sometime cornflakes without sugar with half fat milk, small cup of rice with lots of vegetables for lunch.Cut down oily stuffs ,no chips ,no deep fries,no to coconuts,choclates,no coffe,no tea,icecreams (rarely had icreams n cakes not able to control the tempt).Had green tea everyday hot no sugar. Night time fruits and milk(without sugar)sometime chapathi with no oil.These were my own diet(my gyn did nt say anything on diet) but do follow whatever your gyn says.Went for walking every other day and did surya namaskaram every day,All the best dear.

7. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi Divya,

First important point is DONT PANIC...This is a disorder and u have to just know how to control it...Everyday i used to spend some time in gym...with treadmill, cycling and some abdomen exercises...Avoid oily stuff, baked items, sweets etc...Have chapathi's for dinner...Avoid rice in the nite...And have ur dinner very early...Like say 7 p.m...This is wat my doc adviced...with fruits everyday in ur diet...

Give some time to get pregnant again...Consult a good gyn if u r not comfortable with the current one...Reason for miscarriage usually(if fetal heartbeat doesnt appear) is due to the egg quality...Which is not gud in PCOS women due to insulin resistance(most common reason)...so tak the tests , first attend to ur health, then plan to conceive...

Even i gave nearly 10 mnths bw my pregnancies...one mistake done during 2nd was i never was given ovulation induction medicines...she let me ovulate on my own and conceive...which turned out a disaster....But i wil tak care b4 i conceive next....Be confident and dont worry at all.....

8. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Even i have been detected as having PCOS, but i have menses normal, i am not on any medication..my weight is normal..planning to conceive only after six months...

When consulted the doctor, she told me that she will put me on medication before couple months when we plan to have kid.

I do pranayam everyday, i dont take oil food, sweets, dinner i have rotis no oil at all.

Please let me know what else i can do to ovulate properly..as i have regular period..Your suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Pandu

9. divyagera

divyagera New IL'ite

thanks a lotttttt for all the details u have given ,this really of a great help to me ,gave me an idea of how to maintain my diet,thanks a lot once agin dear.

10. divyagera

divyagera New IL'ite

thanks for all your valuable information,i had abortion in november,how long do u think i should give gap,what is ur weight now,do u have periods regularly,