1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Pcos --- good experienced opinions needed

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by ligichriston, Nov 22, 2013.

1. ligichriston

ligichriston New IL'ite

I have been diagnosed with pcod today.my periods are irregular and my gyn was vewry rude one.im chaging doc tomorrow.i gained wait all of a sudden..

we have been married 4 3yrs nw.havnt tried for babies til yet and when started tryin to conceive my bleedings got heavy n diagnosed with pcos..

im in a curable stage..we want a baby so bad now...what can i do to conceive???? and if i conceived while i hav pcos does it affect the baby anyway???? help!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013

2. momandme

momandme Silver IL'ite

ligi, people with PCOS can conceive and deliver safely too. Ofcourse, as in any pregnancy, there may be risks, depending on which hormone is causing PCOS. But there are medications to sort that out as well. I had PCOS, but conceived naturally twice and delivered without any issues at all.

Suggestion......go see the new doc, get bloodwork done, see which hormone is causing the problem, take medications for it, eat healthy and stay away from stress. The major cause of PCOS is stress followed by lifestyle habits.

3. ligichriston

ligichriston New IL'ite

thank u momnme ,,,,, im so stressed... i hav a minor hearing complaint n i couldnt undstd half of wat my doc says.. my friend is d communicater..n i worries so much...

4. momandme

momandme Silver IL'ite

Don't worry ligi.....all will be fine.

5. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

hi Ligi,
    PCOS is just so easy to handle and as you are in a curable state, you just dont have to worry.

PCOS causs irregular periods and most of them tend to become heavy / over weight
    First try reducing your weight. That more important in case if you have put on weight.

And also try to have some physical work out everyday, no matter if you are heavy / slim.

You should be able to conceive.

I was PCOS an i delivered one gal baby 4 yrs back and also 37 weeks pregnant for the second one!

1 person likes this.
  6. ligichriston

ligichriston New IL'ite

sapthu02 Congrats ..... n thank u so much..i found a wonderful doc n it seems im havin a very smal pbm n she wrote me metformin..n askd to work out...thankq ...n i hope i wil get pregnant soon... :)

7. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Hi!
    Problem with PCOS is both ovaries have small cysts-no follicle is released,means no egg is released.With metformin-egg is released allowing for fertilization to happen-Weight reduction can solve 70% of the problem as losing weight-helps decrease insulin resistance,pancreas works better,better glucose control-better ovarian function0Hope that helps-Baby dust to you too!!!!

8. SENTHUR17

SENTHUR17 New IL'ite

Good Day Members,

me and my wife trying a baby , came to know pcos causing the problem, does any one could advise very good doctor to consult in Chennnai. i will be very pleased.

Many Thanks,
    Senthur