1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pattu saree spoiled:pls advice

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by radhikaraj, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    Sri Ramlok has a branch in Anna Nagar, opposite to the West Depot. They also cover the pallu and border of sarees with thread work or good amount of zari, to avoid the pulling of the thread. I have done it ( covering with net) for my sister and now I am planning to do that for my saree too. They are good.

2. radhikaraj

radhikaraj New IL'ite

Hello, Thanks everyone for ur suggestion. Mathu thank you for the address. Subbi my sarees are pearlish pink shade with maroon border and creamish yellow with maroon border. Can you suggest something. Also give me the address of that weaver from kanchipuram. Do they make sarees to our choice as well?

3. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi radhika,
    I am contacting you after a some long time.You are asking ideas for spoiled pattu saree.:cry: .Let me give some suggestions which can be done at home.If it does not work out you proceed as other Ilites suggested.

1)I read this idea in Kumudam suggested by actress seetha
    On the strained areas put some talcum powder and pour a little bit of water and rinse that area alone and close the strained area (Just fold that and close ).Leave it for a day.
    2)You can even use shampoo for that.
    3)you can get "Boondhi Kottai" from Herbal medical shop(In tamil"nattu marundhu kadai") and you can even ask get the idea from the shopkeeper .I don't know exactly how to use it.But poeple say that it helps to remove strains especially for pattu sarees.

4. bhuman

bhuman Senior IL'ite

Hi.. my new pattu chudidhar got spoiled...........

the color of the border got stick in all over the chudi border................ can anyone please suggest me how to get rid of the color.................. urgent please................

thank in advance

5. vijiputhucode

vijiputhucode Silver IL'ite

hi radhika
    i dont know whether i am late in replying u
    if it is a light coloured saree it is better to dye the saree matching to the border. the ramlok people do excellent job of that type. they have on branch at annanagar also though t nagar is the main one. they do polishing and starching also. try ur luck