1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Paruthiveeran

Discussion in 'Movies' started by indhusri, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I too heard that many people did not like the ending. But if everything had gone well and the hero and his girl had walked into sunset holding hands, the film would have lost its punch I felt. When she dies, the girl clearly says :" I have payed for your sins". And that will haunt him for life - i.e. if he is not hanged for his violent action at the very end to "save her fair name".
    Priyamani has turned in an excellent performance. Actually, its the heroines story .
    The one moment in the film that chilled me to the bone is when the uncle, with the old woman and the boy , decides to walk away from that lonely house because he mistakes the muffled noises they hear for the usual hanky-panky of truck drivers , without realising that the very girl he had blessed a few moments ago is being brutalised inside. He , a fearless strongman could have easily saved her if only............
    How cruel Fate can be !

manjula

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    I haven't seen that movie. I am waiting for the DVD to be released in US.

Thanks,
    Punitha

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    I got a chance to watch that movie y'day.
    It was very good. Though the ending was tragedy.

Thanks,
    Punitha

4. nidyaravi

nidyaravi New IL'ite

i watched the movie juz after my midterms(hope to score :2thumbsup: ) and glad it was a total relief from the usual masala movies....very sophisticated acting indeed from the lead pair kaarthik n priyamani.... juz loved their flow of emotions, so realistic...
    n i cried at the ending part coz i tend to get agitated at rape scenes esp this one as was scary yet touching !!!!:cry:

NidyashreeRavi
    In the rhythm of Life, we sometime find ourselves out of tune, But as long as there are friends to provide the melody, The music plays on.:) :)

5. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi indu

that was a wonderful review abt paruthi veeran
    i would like to make one small correction
    music score has been done by prince of raja family that is yuva(nshankar)raja:mrgreen:

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Indhu(sri),

My mother and I went to see Parythiveeran matinee motivated solely by your fantastic review. Your review is as yaadhartham as the movie itself. You have brought out the right points that need to be noticed in the movie. As for the movie itself, I found it a bit stretched out and crude. Is life in Tamil Nadu villages really as short, nasty and brutish as shown in Paruthiveeran? But then again, as you have written, Kartik has portaryed a village bumkin very realistacally. His body language, his nonchalant ease- cant believe he is a US returned architect. Finally, the movie is in and out Priyamani. Shorn of glamour, she shines in another yadhartham performance.

What stays at the end of the movie? A good movie, and a fantastic review written by a fantastic person. Write more often, sweetheart.

1 person likes this.