Party Planning Ideas for Birthdays and celebrations!

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Singapore' started by Ramya2912, Jul 3, 2007.

1. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    Can anyone please suggest a catering service/restaurant which provides good and reasonable catering for a party at home?Am planning for my DD's Bday party (as usual at the last minute :(!!) .

Any other ideas and suggestions for the party are welcome.I have been going through all the posts in IL...but more are always welcome! Am going to pieces! Any DO's or DONTs?
    Waiting for your reply,
    Late Latif(Rachna)

2. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Bday Cake and catering recommendations,please!

Hi all,
    can you all please recommend good and reasonable places to order a bday cake for my DD's bday party?How much does a made to order cake cost per kg? I wanted to get an idea since I'm new here.
    Also,any ideas to get catering done...I want it for a afternoon party,so more of snacks and light eats(Veg only).Is that ok to have such a party or should it be combined with dinner?ANy suggestions are welcome! Thanks a lot!

3. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Re: Bday Cake and catering recommendations,please!

Cakes are 60-100$/kg

caterers depends if you give order for snacks it will be different.i am sure of it.

usually the food/like dinner costs 13-15$ per head.in places like Anjappar,khansama,riverwalk etc.

You can get phone no. from website & call them to ask abt specific snack menu prices.

Also in orkut you can check some ladies who do some small scale catering.

4. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Dear friends
    Im planning to celebrate my 2 kids birthday (8yrs and 3 yrs ) . Tried few many venues like Explorerkids , Gracekids , SAFRA , bouncy castle etc.. All are of very high budget and i fear is it really worth $1000 for 2 hrs without food for adults (they provide snacks for kids alone) . I tried at Toy rental club , but they are temporarily closed ! I dont prefer WWW for few other reason.
    Can any one suggest me some worth place for kids, or any venue in and around Bedok where i can invite balloon scultptors, magicians and i can arrange rental toys from toy rental club. All i want is need to spend worthy for kids, so that they are happy for full day .
    Planning around last week of sep or 1 week of Oct.
    rgds
    chamu

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  5. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

How about the ECP or any other park? I attended a b'day party which was held in their condo function hall.Does your apartment or community centre have any facility like that?

I faced the same problem when I held my daughter's b'day party.But I was new to Singapore,and didn't know many people.So ended up having a small party at home(as I'm not too good with organising all this).But your case is quite different,as you are doing it for both kids,and must be having lot more people attending.
    All the best and keep us updated on what u decide to go for.

6. van0382

van0382 New IL'ite

You should check out the other threads on birthday parties. There have been good recommendations there.