1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Parents Travel To Us From India

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Dynamic, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Dynamic

Dynamic Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

I have a question related to parents travel from India to US.

Now with the travel ban, I heard that people are traveling to some other country and after quarantined for 2weeks, they are traveling to US from there and some agencies/agents are helping with this process.

Can you guys help me with the details, if anyone tried/aware of this process??

Thanks.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

The people doing this are those who are on H1 or L1 visas and returning to their jobs in the US. If your parents are on a tourist visa make sure that they will be able to enter the US even if they travel via a third country.

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

One of my acquaintances recently went to Cancun for a couple of weeks before coming into the US. It’s doable but a lot of needless stress. The said person is on a visitor visa and had an urgent need to be here with family. Travel agents in India are offering packages - hotel in Mexico + tickets. It’s best avoided if there is no urgent need to come. I have been reading reports that travelers from Mexico will also be restricted in the coming weeks. You don’t want your folks to travel to Mexico and have to go back.

Amica likes this.