1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Parents passport is getting delayed and delivery date is nearby..pls help..

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by MsAspirant, Jun 10, 2011.

1. MsAspirant

MsAspirant New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am due in August. My parents have applied for passport(not in Tatkal) in Hyderabad few months back. Passport has not yet come.
    Online status always says that
    "It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time "

Same status has been showing up for the past 3months. We are waiting for that and tensed as my date is approaching.

Please help me that whether can we apply in Tatkal scheme now to get it soon or is there any way to get their passport sooner.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011

2. DrKadambari

DrKadambari Gold IL'ite

Catch hold of some travel agent who does the passports and pay them... they will have contacts in the passport office. These guys can help to expedite if its due to some manual error that the passport was not sent to your parents.

As i know you cannot apply now in tatkal as your passport is already applied and due for postage.

3. naanvetti

naanvetti Senior IL'ite

MsAspirant,
    Oh no, this is a really serious problem in hyderbad, i know a lot of my friends faced this.
    i would think, you should quickly get in touch with an agent, a really good one. and in hyderabad, i have heard a lot of the men working in the office also help to get your passport quicker. you can try thru your contacts

4. kmrkannu

kmrkannu New IL'ite

MsAspirant,

How are you doing? Did your parents got their passports now.. When are they coming? I wish you a safe delivery..

- kmrkannu...