1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Parents' 2nd Time Visit To USA - How much gap needed between visits?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Honeycrisp, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Honeycrisp

Honeycrisp New IL'ite

Ladies,

My parents entered US the first time in Feb first week of 2014 and left USA in August 1st week. I'd like to know when they can enter again to US to get full 6 months visa?

I've heard that they can enter any time. but if they have not stayed out of USA for more than 6 months, they won't get 6 months visa this time. is it true?

When should I book their tickets for the next visit? I'd like them to be here as soon as possible (possibly first week of Feb or last week of Jan 2015).

Let me know. thanks..

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

There are no golden rules, but ideally they should stay as long as possible out of the US between visits.
    It also depends how picky the immigration officer is. Some people are able to come repeatedly without fuss and others encounter difficulties with being given short stays.
    My parents visit every 2 years for 3 months at a time, and they have not had trouble. Other relatives who come more often have encountered questioning.