1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parenting by working Moms

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by sabanabi, May 17, 2010.

1. sabanabi

sabanabi New IL'ite

Hi everybody,Really Its very tough to balance a toodler and your work schedule.Actually my husband was working in Saudi Arabia and after marriage I shifted here.I came here in March 2009 and is staying here till date.I too joined Al-Qassim university as a faculty.I became pregnant and had Scissarion in November 2009 and I am blessed with a baby girl.:rotflMy Mother-in-law was supposed to cum but due to technical faults she didnt turn up and I was all alone.Just Imagine,your first baby,you dont know anything but anyhow I managed.Chillout!Anyways my 2 months Pregnancy leave was over and I had to resume my duties.I took my 2 month infant to Baby-Care in the University.I kept her there,tears started rolling down my cheeks.She looked at me in innocence but what to do.Job is a job.:bonkMen usually think that the ladies are doing job for their self-esteem and they are very professional but they never understand that actually we are supporting them.We are not earning for ourselves but for his family,his children.:evil:In Baby-care,the caretakers cant be like mothers,they were giving artifical milk to her,changing diapers but not frequently.I took went in between to breastfeed her.But one day,I found her in wet diapers.She developed cold and then the problem started.She had nasal congestion,cough,problem in breathing and stopped taking my milk.:shaking:At nights we had to take her to Hospital to get steam to her so that her nasal passage gets cleared.I was crying desperately.Then I blamed myself that why I am doing a job when my baby is not well.
    But if your heart is clear,God too take you in his shelter.:thumbsup:thankyou2:One of my neighbour (she is not having any baby though she's married for six years) said that why don't you keep your baby with me while you are away for your job.She loves my baby a lot and properly take care of her.
    Now,I am very much contented that my baby is in safe hands.She is now Mashaallah 6 months old and since her arrival to our home,we are really prospering mentally,emotionally and financially.:p

Lastly after becoming mother,now I know the importance of a working mother.My mother is a working lady too and now I understand how much pains and sufferings she went for raising us.:cheersWe really salute to her sacrifices and now I really respect her for maintaining an equilibrium between her personnel and professional life:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010

2. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Good one Sabanabi. Glad your baby is now well taken care of by your neighbour. If thats in her plans, my prayers she soon has a baby.

3. sabanabi

sabanabi New IL'ite

thanx,I too wish good kuck to my neighbour

4. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Dear Saba
    Your baby is very cute. God bless her.
    Very well written. Its very difficult to take care of such a small baby and work. I am also going to experience the same in very short time. Like you i am also thinking to put my baby in office day care so that i can go in between to feed and check my LO. But reading your experience now am thinking its better to extend the leave than to let my LO suffer in day care.
    My mother was also working and i still remember how badly we waited for the week ends so that we were able to spend he whole day with her. She put so much of pain and sacrifices in her life for raising us. She refused promotions 6 times to be with us.
    I dont know if i ll be able to do the same for my LO.

I am glad for you that you finally found some one trust worthy to take care of your little one. Its very difficult to find such people in todays world.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  5. sabanabi

sabanabi New IL'ite

Dear Deepd

Yes,its really difficult to manage your baby and ur job. If possible, do extent your maternity leave at least for 3 months because at least you need to feed your baby. I too hope that u will also have someone trustworthy to take care of your baby Inshallah.Take care.

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Nicely written saba...

I really can understand the position of working women with a LO as i myself am a working mom.My mother is also a working mom...Now after the arrival of my LO, i can really understand how difficult it is to manage both work and child...we work for the betterment of our kids and family...
    Every time i have to clear all the things at home tat my LO had scattered, i only think of my mom and wonder how she managed the same and had never told anythin harsh ??...
    I keep tellin myself tat i should be like her.should never get angry on my LO wenever she does any mischeif....I thank my mom everyday becoz she is the person who is moulding me indirectly and making me a better mom.
    Truely a mother is more than god and we should never hurt her

7. raviveena

raviveena New IL'ite

Thanks for starting this wonderful thread, in which we all have so much to discuss about. When the children are small, we have to balance family life(housework+childcare)+work. My daughter is currently a grade schooler, who is six years old. She has been pampered a lot in the childhood, and now it is very hard for us to make her do her homework or get herself ready in the morning. She is very very good sometimes, and too playful most of the times. I want her to give importance to what really is more important at the time of the day. It totally depends on her mood. How to we encourage such children to listen to the parents and learn to be more independent at this age? Thanks in Advance :)

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi Sabanabi - that was a nice writeup. Just wanted to say that we dont allow personal pics in the Open Forum. This is for your own safety as anyone (even a casual visitor) can save or use your picture. So I have had to remove your lovely LO's picture. Please do post pics in your Private album and share them with friends. Hope to see you more often in IL.

Vanathi.

9. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi Swaran,

I am also a working mother like you and it feels so nice to be independent and at the same time being able to give love and attention with the quality time we spend with our child at the end of the day.

I can see that you are from Bangalore, me too. Can we get in touch.
    Hope we can catch up.

Luv
    Anu

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010