Parent from NPS and DPS school,singapore- please share your feedback abt the schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by sharvari gore, Sep 6, 2012.

1. sharvari gore

sharvari gore New IL'ite

Hello,

Please parents do share your feedback views on DPS and NPS school, singapore.
    Do you have any specific feedback on the indian international schools in singapore.
    It will be a great help.
    We are shifting to singapore soon, i m looking for good school for my 7yrs old daughter who is now in 1std/grade of ICSE school in bangalore

thanks in advance

Regards
    Sharvari

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Parent from NPS and DPS school,singapore- please share your feedback abt the scho

Hi Sharvari,

Welcome to the SG forum. You have posted on multiple thread asking for info on NPS and DPS and there is no response on any. My kids are in local schools and I don't have any first hand experience with these schools. What I know of these schools is only thru the forums and friends around here, which can be very biased. It would be better if some review is given by parents of kids in these schools.

I am posting this so that the thread comes back to recent posts and someone responds to it :)

All the best :thumbsup

3. Kamala8

Kamala8 New IL'ite

Re: Parent from NPS and DPS school,singapore- please share your feedback abt the scho

I do agree with Akila. It depends on what you are looking at. Even i'm looking for a school for my son. What i gather from my little research is that NPS has good reputation around.

Regards,
    Kamala

4. sharvari gore

sharvari gore New IL'ite

thanks Kamala, as per my research too NPS has positive feedbacks thanks for your reply

5. ras574

ras574 New IL'ite

Hi Shravani,

You have mentioned earlier that your kid use to go to ICSE @ Banglore. Please let me know what school your kid is right now in Singapore. We are moving to Sing from US soon and in search of school for my two kids 7yrs and 5 yrs. Once we finalize school, we will look for place closer to school to live. We are new to ICSE syllabus. ICSE syllabus seems enticing. As far as we researched, ICSE covers overall development. My question is did you pick CBSE @Singapore, if so, why did you change from ICSE @ Banglore to CBSE @ Singapore. Please share. Thanks

6. shreevidyab

shreevidyab New IL'ite

Advice on Relocating to Singapore and K1 School - ADVICE PLS

HI All,

We are planning to relocate to Singapore for 3-4 yrs from India, We have 5 yrs old kid who is completing LKG in Bangalore. We are bit concerned and confused as well because we have heard of the following :

1. If my kid completes LKG in India , it seems we need to put her into K1 again there. is it true.

2. For Kindergarden which schools do u all suggest a Public school or Indian Private schools.

3. Can we get a Admission if we come in May 2013 to Singapore.

Over and above all I am looking for career as a teacher in any schools , any one of you guide me on the same.

Thanks,
    Shreevidyab

7. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Re: Advice on Relocating to Singapore and K1 School - ADVICE PLS

True Shreevidhya,
    Your child has to do k1 again, since sin Singapore the child starts his schoolings by 4 yrs (in nursery) ,5 yrs- k1 , 6 yrs-k2
    This is how the admission form is given.

Secondly , my children were earlier in Indian international schools and theni changed them to local schools for a main reason -it is to keep children studious at par with children in india ( in internatonal schools - the studies were not upto the STD and they swallow a bag of money for nothing !! ) Local syllabus is highly different in view and the approach is also good.

Again it depends on every individual. My opinion is none in the world immediately accepts something that is available cheap but worth of $$$
    Also for kindergarden , Saradha kindergarten is best - not only my child but every single child and his/her parent will agree that after k2 , he/she will miss this school in his/her rest of school life. Such a wonderful school . But admission starts by Aug/Sep and over by Nov every year . But have options like SathyaSai , Sarawati or for that matter any PAP school is equivalently good.
    But in almost all other international school you can get admission anytime . And you can try in rest of the schools.

For your career as teacher , if u have done B.Ed you have good openings , if not also keep browsing international school sites , they will announce the requirement every March-June , if u satisfy them in demo during interview , you grab your opportunity.

Local schools highly are in high demand for teachers but they accept only their B.Ed certificate, meaning, they have a special course for it and it takes a yr time to finish , once done, you can start searching for good schools.

8. IndiaSingapore

IndiaSingapore New IL'ite

Dear Indian Friends,

DPS not good for Kindergarten. One of my friends told me that he had put his niece in DPS, and now whenever the child come back from school and is asked, what you have done today, the answer was that "I have seen TV".. So paying so much money is not worth.. He eventually put the child in Local School.

For higher classes, I have experience putting my child in DPS International. if someone wants to know more on DPS, then I believe following information will be useful before making a decision

1> The school lacks a vision and you talk to Principal, then there is just managerial and Yes Sir, Yes Sir attitude. But in terms of Academic vision the direction is pathetic. Actually now its a pity to see his health condition and wonder how a school is sustaining this. There used to be a Vice principal but no more.

2> Happen to extract more details and had an impression that the Head of the School is actually a Marwadi who just see school from Business Perspective. Quality of Education or Academic Excellence is something which the School is not in a state to think or even Envisage.

Perhaps thats the reason that on one side, GIIS has expanded a lot. NPS is also a good school but the fees is higher.

Good Luck

9. ManasaKishore

ManasaKishore New IL'ite

Thanks for the information..