1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Paintings : Tanjore Paintings - Instructions / Tutorial

Discussion in 'Paintings' started by theartisticone, Jun 18, 2009.

1. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi, cracked board surface might also be due to the proportion of water in the primer, and so it might not be only gum or powder.Too much binder cannot create cracks.
    Now if you take gum, what is the consistency of it, is it very thick,too thin etc? Taking this into consideration, we should add water to the paste to give the coat.This is the reason I object to any given proportion or formula for the steps involved in the procedure for a tanjore painting.You can always go in for a ready made board available in many shops, and concentrate in the painting process itself to reduce tension.

This is my humble suggestion.

2. padmasenthils

padmasenthils Junior IL'ite

Tanjore painting.....wow...great work...

3. goldstar3

goldstar3 New IL'ite

Thanks for detailed instructions. Please, let me know, which color to use for tanjore paintings? Acrylic, poster or oil?

4. kaluputti

Poster colors are the best, since they give a matt finish, and doesn't interfere with the gold work. Acrylics and oil look shiny after drying, so better to avoid it, though it is easier to use them on the board than poster colors.

5. sabibala

sabibala New IL'ite

Madam,

so far I have done 3 paintings without any fault. now in the 4th board I ma facing problems.
    1. after muck work cracks appeared here and there.
    2. so I started a new board with new muck prepared and in that board muck did not stick. the entire design came out seperately form the board.

pl explain where I have gone wrong. muck was prepared in the same proportion as you have explained .
    Thanks in advance.

Sabitha

6. kaluputti

Time and again I am mentioning about the mukk paste consistency. too much gum makes it creates dimples of depressions in the centre of the surfaces and too little makes the mukk work crack once it is dry. Now your problem of the entire design coming out is certainly unique, i.e. I have never heard of it so far. Anyway it might be due to improper board preparation also. Again gum might be less so it is not adhering to the board. Like a doctor cannot treat a patient online beyond a point, your problem also requires personal assistance. Better look for any expert nearby and attend to it.

7. sabibala

sabibala New IL'ite

8. sabibala

sabibala New IL'ite

madam ,
    I have completed this picture. my gold foil scratching near stones is not very satisfactory. is there any tips for that. someone said we can draw black lines around the stones. can you please guide me. thanks in advance

9. sabibala

sabibala New IL'ite

1920087_10202658062604726_1205696966_n.jpg madam ,
    I have completed this picture. my gold foil scratching near stones is not very satisfactory. is there any tips for that. someone said we can draw black lines around the stones. can you please guide me. thanks in advance

10. rainbowresh

rainbowresh Gold IL'ite

Hi all, pls let me know how I can fresco secco paint for Tanjore paintings.. Pls explain in detail how to make different colors in fresco -secco method and how to paint them?