1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Paintings : Tanjore Glass Painting

Discussion in 'Paintings' started by sapyanush, Sep 17, 2007.

1. sudhak90

sudhak90 Senior IL'ite

hi shika - got the snap of her mural done on a mirror- its a lovely ganesha.

just chek it.

sudha

Attached Files:

2. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am so happy to see posts about tanjore paintings,as since long i was trying to get some information on tanjore painting ...let me make it clear for u ladies ,actually i was searching some address of any person who sells tanjore paintings items like gold foil,stones etc as i dont know exactly what is used.This i was searching for my sister staying in assam,she had recently learned to make tanjore painting n i think its on foil sheet(i will ask her again).
    as she didnt find any good shop to buy tanjore items in assam n want any shop address frm chennai or banglore..as chennai is famous for tanjore if she can find very good stuff i mean quality of the materials plus at the same time not very expensive.If she gets the ph n address she can ask the shopkeeper to courier her..so plplpl ladies help me out for this..as many of them i can she here on this post have knowdlege on tanlore paintings..

As my sister is planning(if possible)to make n sell the paintings staying at home.I really want to help her she is know going through a bad time financelly because of his husband bussiness has gone in complete loss so by the time he recoveres she can do some work as also to keep her ind cool n busy...

so any body know let me know..

3. shikha

shikha Gold IL'ite

Hi sudha!

thanks for ur response. and the mural done by ur sister is fantastic.
    I'm making the mural with radha-krishna in the middle and floral border all around it,hope it comes out nicely.will definately send u the snap.
    thanks a lot for the process for tanjore painting,will try it out after i finish my mural.

bye:wave
    shikha

4. shikha

shikha Gold IL'ite

hi sudha
    can u tell me more about teh glass,where do u get them?

thanks
    shikha

5. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

hi kads! here is the address of tanjore painting supplies shop.. i bought the material from them 4yrs back to learn tanjore painting but unfortunately after buying them i came to US ... so i left them at home.. but my urge to learn remained . fortunately i saved the address for future.. here is the address ... Mehta diamonds, Near khazanti jewellery, Netaji Subhash chandra bose road ,Dhanalakshmi complex, paris corner news no- 216, shop 28 ground floor chennai -600079 ph no : 25387484 res-25381841 i think u got send money order with courier fees they will courier u.. the supplies it was like 4 yrs back story .. so u better ask ur sister to call the no. and confirm the address... good luck and happy painting for ur sister

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  6. sudhak90

sudhak90 Senior IL'ite

hi shika,
    in chennai u get it at one of teh shops in rnaganathan street-t.nagar- i forgot the name- but that shop is likea bible for craft items.
    in bangalore -where i live- there are 2 shops in rajah market ona venue road, where u can get most of the things concerned with crafts.again i 'm not sure of teh name- only location i know

rgds
    sudha iyer

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

I have never heard of tanjore glass painting. i have heard of tanjore painting but not in glass. please someone can you tell how to get started etc. thanks in advance.

8. sudhak90

sudhak90 Senior IL'ite

hi anadchitra,
    pl: see my previous post. tanjore on glass is really easy.

sudha

9. shikha

shikha Gold IL'ite

Hi Achu!
    beautiful work:thumbsup.post the other one tooo.I want to see it after this work of urs...:clap

bye.and keep posting more of ur work.

shikha:wave

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hey achhu,

Your work is too good...:clap:clap:clap