Paid Private Messages

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Laks,

Please ask away. I want to make sure this is as transparent as possible so members can sign-up for paid PM access.

I am not sure why would someone not like the gift of a PM access. But regardless, there is really not a way to access someone's likelihood to accept/reject a PM gift. Before gifting, you probably want to ascertain their need through their forum participation. Alternatively, as most often happens, you probably also can gift to a member whom you want to contact. This is a member to member exchange and moderators wouldn't be part of this. Thank you.

2. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

Dear Induslady,
    I have been a long time member of IL now and although am not able to stay actively involved like before, I tried to use the private message feature today which took me on this merry-go-around for more than 20 minutes.You have more than a dozen topics in FAQ involving PMs and i simply couldn't understand what am doing wrong after following the steps you have mentioned in some of FAQ threads. Long story short, i finally found this thread which cleared it all for me but if it has become paid now why have extensive topics on it which is inaccurate and misleading anyways?.I hope you understand my frustration.

Thanks,
    SuBa.

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Malathy - Can I get paid PM access now and decide the gift subscription(s) later and PM you with the recipient details?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  4. Induslady

Hi SuBa, Yes, good callout. We will update those FAQ threads soon. Thank you for pointing out.

5. Induslady

Laks, Yes absolutely. We will get you first set-up in the PM system and later you can decide about whom to give your gift subscriptions.

BTW, you get one free gift subscription with the basic PM access and you get 3 gift subscriptions with the advanced PM access. You also get increased storage and a IL cap with the advanced PM access.

6. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Malathy,

Hope some response will be available here.

I have sent 3 email messages since the past 2 weeks asking for info on cheque payments for Paid PM access as per your instructions( support@indusladies.com) Till date I have not received the address to where I should mail my cheque.
    I am not in favour of credit card usage online hence opted for the option you suggested .But how can I move forward unless some action is taken from your side ??

7. Induslady

Hi Paulina,

I remember seeing your email to the support id asking for the address. I had asked Laxmi to take care of sending the address to you. I am sure she would have definitley sent it. Not sure why you haven't received it yet.

BTW, I remember you emailed from Yahoo email. Can you check whether the response from us had landed in the bulk mail folder?

However, I am going to request Laxmi to resend it to you. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

8. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Malathy,

As per the announcement here, am I eligible for PM Access? I won the Teacher's day contest this month :). Wish you and your family a very happy and safe Diwali!

Cheers
    Arch

9. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Archana,

The red color code in your name along with the description below your name indicates that you are Private Message User and you are provided with the same for winning the Teacher's Day contest.

Hello Sowmyasridhar, Knot2share,
    The Private Message access is enabled for your user account too for winning the Finest Post and Finest Blog for the month of Sep. '09

Private Message access is for a 1-year period. All the Best.

10. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hi Laxmi,

I should have waited for a day before I raised a query here! :bonk. when I posted it, my name was in blue! Thanks a ton, Laxmi. It is indeed a great gift for Diwali! Thank you for the improvement of the PM system!

Cheers

Arch