Our Tdu Becomes A Gold Ilite

Discussion in 'IL'ite milestones' started by sunkan, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

அன்பு சத்யா அவர்களுக்கு,

தங்களது வாழ்த்துக் கவிதை அற்புதம்
    தங்களது சொற்கள் அனைத்தும் சத்தியம்
    தங்களின் ஆதரவின்றி எனது படைப்புக்கள் அசாத்தியம்

Regards,

TDU

2. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Dear TDU,

I always appreciate men who always have time to do some different from what they always do-like going to the office,come back home and sit in front of the TV watching the news till everybody's ears are resonding with the headlines all day.It's nice to see a creativity like yours who have the time to actually sit and do something different.Hats off to you.

Regards,

Asha

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Tamildownunder,

First my sincere apologies for coming to this thread this late. With so many things happening in the site, this thread seemed to have slipped my eyes.

Hearty Congratulations on hitting the 1st 1000+ posts this soon. Your posts have been on varied interests like stories, snippets, poems, games and recently brain teasers that is catching so much fire among the IL'ites. You were one person seeking more feedbacks / comments for your work from ILites. I'm sure the responses you get for brain teasers should be really making you feel very happy.

Though I am not smart as many IL'ites here to solve all your teasers, I do go through those interesting teasers whenever I get time to gain some GK.

Great going...wishing you to soon hit the next milestone. Congratulations, once again. :2thumbsup:

Malathy

4. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear TDU,

Congrats on hitting the first 1000+ posts. I do see that you have been really busy here in IL with your participation in various forums. I still have yet got the chance to sit and read all your stories but i will do so and get back to you with my feedback.
    I did read your profile a few days ago and as a fellow MUmbai ite, it was nice to read about your stint in BARC. I am an SNDT alumni, and we used to come to BARC to the Food irradiation department almost every other day of the week to do our projects. And we did have a good time there.
    Nice to see the brain teasers that you post here. have your tried the ones on the MENSA website?

Looking forward to seeing more lovely posts from you and wishing that you hit the next milestone soon.

Rgds
    Vandhana

5. Tamildownunder

Thank you asharao, for having such a high opinion of me. I hope I will live up to your words.

Regards,

TDU

6. Tamildownunder

Dear Admistrator,

It is very kind of you to find time among your busy work and solving all the problems faced by the site both technical and non-technical, to congradulate and wish me. I wish IL grows still bigger and keeps its reputation as one of the best site in the net.

யாமறிந்த மொழிகளிலே தமிழ் மொழி போன்று
    இனிதாவதெங்கும் காணோம்
    யாமறிந்த இணைய தளங்களிலே இந்தஸ்லேடி
    தளத்திற்கு இணையான தளமொன்றும் காணோம்

Regards,

TDU

7. Tamildownunder

Dear Vandana,

I am thrilled to know that you are a Mumbaikar and worked in BARC (as a student) like me. You must have worked in FIPLY. You have brought lots of memories and anecdotes connected with food irradiation. My field was the application of radiation for the treatment of cancer and I was the National coordinator for a IAEA / WHO project in India involving more tha 250 cancer hospitals not only in India but also in Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar etc. My work was praised by IAEA as 'setting an example to other countries in the world'. I have attended meetings at IAEA in Vienna. I am attaching a photo taken at a meeting held about 5 years back.

In U.S, I am working at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) at Gaithersburg close to Washington D.C. Here they advertise that there is no walk of life in U.S.not touched by NIST. I feel BARC also is the same for India. Food irradiation is a big venture and three big plants are being set-up. One near Nasik (lasngaon) for irradiation of onions and potatoes. One in Kerala for the irradiation of spices and one more plant. (I do not remember where). While working at BARC I was associated with all applications of radiation not just cancer treatment, but also several industrial applications and I have toured the length and breadth of the country in connection with these applications.

Just one funny anecdote connected with food irradiation. BARC once organised an exhibition for the public titled 'Living with radiation' at Nehru Science Centre, Worli. As a volunteer I wanted to exhibit irradiated food. I went to FIPLY (I was working in Modular Labs.) and collected irradiated chapathis which I left on my desk to be taken to the exhibition next day. But, next day I found the chapathis missing. I started searching all over the place and came to corridor where I met a security officer who told me that the previous day night while he was coming round after office hours he saw a battalion of rats carrying the chapathis. As we were located right above the Modular lab canteen rats used our rooms as a thoroughfare and found the chapathis to their delight.:-D

Regards,

TDU

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  8. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Hello Tamil!
    First let me congratulate for having become a gold Ilite. Nice to know about you thanks to Vandana's post! I wonder how you find time to be in all the places and leave your imprints around! You are amazing! I do read most of your posts but I may not be replying to all of them due to lack of time. You have become a favourite to all Ilites in your own charming way!

9. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Congrats TDU!! :) *sorry for being late, I just saw this thread*

Your brain teasers have been tons of fun...:) and the songs you contributed in the antakshari are also all amazing. Some of them had such beautiful words and brought back so many memories..Thanks!

I haven't read all yr stories till now but will do so after reading about them so much....:) I'm sure I'm in for a delightful time....:)

Wish you all the best and hope to see great posts from you in future too...

Warm regards,
    Aarushi

10. Tamildownunder

Dear Malathijagan,

Thanks for your compliments and wishes. I think time is like an elastic thing. If you want you can have all the time in the world and if you think there is no time, you will really find the time flying. The famous Parkinson's law states that "work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion." In management we have been taught the time and motion study in which if you start listing the jobs on hand and estimate the realistic time needed to complete them you will find at the end of it, lot of time to spare.

Regards,

TDU