our destiny is written by who?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Huma, Mar 26, 2007.

1. kalpana

kalpana Junior IL'ite

Dear Huma & Pushpavalli,
    I also used to think if GOD really exists and why he is good to some people and bad to some people. I was bit cleared after reading Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna. Great souls like Buddha, Chaitanya, Sri Ramakrishna, Swami Vivekananda...have experienced that Bliss and have spoke about their experiences. It is good to have discrimation...which leads to God.
    I would like to share few words of Sri Ramakrishna...recorded in His Gospel

Sri Ramakrisha says:"Why should the universe be unreal? That is a speculation of the philosophers. After realizing God, one sees that it is God Himself who has become the universe and all living beings.
    Divine Mother is the Universal Consciousness

"The Divine Mother revealed to me in the Kali temple that it was She who had become everything. She showed me that everything was full of Consciousness. The Image was Consciousness, the altar was Consciousness, the water-vessels were Consciousness, the door-sill was Consciousness, the marble floor was Consciousness-all was Consciousness.
    "I found everything inside the room soaked, as it were, in Bliss-the Bliss of Satchidananda. I saw a wicked man in front of the Kali temple; but in him also I saw the Power of the Divine Mother vibrating.
    God is not only inside us, He is both inside and outside. The Divine Mother showed me in the kali temple that everything is chinmaya, the Embodiment of split, that it is She who has become all this, the image, myself, the utensils of worship, the door sill …everything is indeed Chinmaya.​
    The aim of prayer, of spiritual discipline, of chanting the name and glories of God is to realize just that. For that alone a devotee loves God.

CoolPie likes this.
  2. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

thanks kalpana

3. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Hi Huma,

When it comes to God and me the following words of Buddha brought light in me. I strongly hold to it. May be it would help you too.

Do not believe what you have heard.
    Do not believe in tradition because it is handed down many generations.
    Do not believe in anything that has been spoken of many times.
    Do not believe because the written statements come from some old sage.
    Do not believe in conjecture.
    Do not believe in authority or teachers or elders.
    But after careful observation and analysis, when it agrees with reason and it will benefit one and all, then accept it and live by it.

Buddha (563 B.C. - 483 B.C.)

I belive in Karma as it makes a lot of sense to me. Mdm. Pushpa, I guess your reply shed some light to a question in me partially. Thanx
    Good day.

4. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Der IL members ,
    What u said is Quite correct. We need not believe simply because some elderly person says. We must think well before
    accepting its Truth.What Buddaha said is correct. Even on these matters like KARMA, Rebirth ,God etc we must think well before accepting. But there are certain things which we
    cannot decide ourselves as our knowledge and experence are
    limited.In such matters we can rely on elders on whom we have confidence. on religious matters that is why we follow our elders. Every theory has its own Merits and demerits.
    By the by Huma I have not received the answer for the
    question put by u to me and returned to you for answer.
    Sd/NISCHEL

2 people like this.
  5. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Hello ILites,
    After going through this thread, whatever you all saying that good/bad karma is makes our life styles differ, I agree with u all. Then i guess i went little more depth into this topic and got a question Why do we bear our karma in next life instead of the same life? What is the purpose of that. In the next life we don't even remember our past and v don't even know what mistakes u have done? what is the use?

If one bears all their karma in the same life, they won't do the bad again right?

May be, that person/creature bad in the past life may be good in the next life then wht's the point to bear past karma?

PLZ ladies, do not think that i am really going mad/in-depth in to this. I am just expressing my views?

Thnx,
    Chitti.

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Really wonderful replies. It is true that we believe in Destiny and good and bad karma that I think is our religion. However we have a choice. at any given moment we can choose what we want to do in that moment. The power lies there in that we can choose how we act, react and consequently everything else.

7. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

DEAR ILITS,
    Some of us are in the opinion that why not we enjoy the fruits of the karma
    performed by us in the same "janma(Birth)". Here we must remember one thing.
    The Human birrth itself is the result of the karma performed by the "Jevaa"in its previous birth/births.The gender( male/female)the stature( tall/short)lean/stout.
    healthy/unhealthy,rich/poor,wise/unwise and all other related matters are entirely due
    to the karma only.Two sisters born to the same parents brought up in the same
    atmosphere(house)may happen to lead different styles of life after thir marriages.one
    is rich,having good progeny lead a luxurious and happest life during her rest of life time.But her sister may lead a miserable life with all difficulties in her remaining life
    time.it is mainly due to the differences in their karmas.
    One more thing is that the full human life is to to enjoy the fruits of karma.That is
    why the differences in the longevity of individuals.But one is also given a freedom to
    some extent to perform karma at its own will in this birth which will give fruits in future
    births.This process will be continued for ever.there must be some time to do karma.
    that is one full janma..After death the account willbe settled for the next birth/births
    karmas will be divided into 3 categories:1)sanchitha 2)prarabdha 3)Aagami.Out of
    these three "Prarabdha Karma" is to be enjoyed ba person in the same birth.
    This is the reason why we cannot enjoy the fruits of the karma in the same birth.
    Sd/nischel

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Huma,

WE are all born with our own destiny or fate. This is decided by God...

If we can chart out our own destiny, then every labourer should be a rich man. But it never happens. I can write a very long post on this subject, but, would like to conclude saying we are puppets in the hands of the invisible God. When people say, I have charted out my future very well, my insurance, my savings will take care of me till i die.. God has his last laugh... And its true..

9. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

DEAR MALSIE,
    If we conclude that if we are puppets in the hands of god why should we pray
    God requesting him to do good in our life ? why should we do good deeds like charity,
    alms giving,doing prayers to god,taking Baths in sacred Rivers etc? what is going to happen will happen in due course.every thing is gods will. suppose we fell sick. why
    should we take medicine .Is it not a waste of Money and labour.it will take its own time.it may be cured are it may kill us.leave every thing on God.His will is law.There is no use of praying him.If he wants to kill us with this ailment will he change his mind ?If so every one will do like that.This is my major doubt.I request any of our collegues to
    clear of my doubt
    Sd/nischel

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Nischeal.

Its a public forum and i cannot discuss in detail about God.. Its just an opinion. I have never asked anybody to force themselves to believe they are puppets in the hands of God. I have mentioned I can write a long post on this issue, but, a simple post will do. Prayers work miracles and it has done so in my life. I need not write in a public forum what miracles i have received. I have begged god to change my destiny and he has done so. I have done a full course on astrology and can tell why are we suffering in the hands of God.. Though I am a science student and planets are just planets for me. after doing my course in astrology and having profound knowledge on the subject, studying more than 1000 cases of life, I can say God has destined our life. To ask for mercy we need to pray. Charity and other things are way to ease our sins. And the argument can go on. I am not here to argue or touch anybody sentiments. Your belief is respected so please respect my belief. It is just a post and not a compulsion.

For argument sake, I do not want to write any post. Please do not feel offended.