Orphanages/ Cahritable institutions in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by Sneha04, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Sneha04

Sneha04 New IL'ite

Hi All :wave
    I am new to this forum and this looks like a great place .
    I am looking for some charitable institutes/ orphanages in Bangalore , preferably around JP Nagar, Jaynagar, Banshankari area where I can volunteer. If not these areas, others would be fine too. I can spend around 4-5 hrs a day helping . I am really interested in reading with children, teaching them to write and read etc. But I can also do any other work that is needed .

I have no prior experience in this regard though but would like to make a start :redface:

Thanks friends !

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009

2. srilavanya

srilavanya New IL'ite

Hi ,

I am sorry i do not know now anything about banglore and keep enquiring with my friends and hope let you know.

All I can say that you are lucky to have time and freedom for such work where I can't do.......... I always think about orphan kids and their feeling. Because my kid used to cry when I am out of my home for few hours and he search me in all my sarees!! I felt what about them.....all they see is ???? and finally I used to think about the grown ups where they go and what they do......because it is rare to see orphans in normal offices. If you are able to collect any information !!! Please keep posting ........... to create awareness among public....

:thumbsup with tears!!!!!!!!

Thanks

3. Sneha04

Sneha04 New IL'ite

Hi Lavanya
    Thank you for replying. I will surely post whatever info I get in this matter.
    That is really touching about your baby searching for you among your sarees. Really it made me think :frown:

So far I got info about 2 orphanages from some other sites
    One is
    Vatsalya Charitable Trust

and other is

ORPHANAGE and Old AGE Home (OAH)
    NH7 Bangalore Hosur Road, THIRUMAGONDANHALLI, Anekal Tq.,Bangalore Rural.

I still have to call up/visit these places . Main problem is that many institutions are only looking for financial support and not volunteer services . And also I e-mailed lots of other institutions which I got from google search but got no reply :confused2: ??

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
  4. Renuka2009

Renuka2009 New IL'ite

HI Sneha,
    first of all i applaud u for your wish full thinking to help orphange,its vry nobel gesture on your part to help the kids.
    You know i just came across a story of little baby girl born just three days back.one of my friends was tellin about this baby girl born to well to do family in gujrat,but unfortunately while giving birth to this baby ,her mother died and now her father doesnt want to keep this little girl,he think that her birth is the reason for his wifes death and hates the little baby,incidentally the baby girl has 3yrs old sister,her father is ready to keep the elder daugther and not ready to accept this little baby,as far as babys grandfather and grandmother/auntys are concerned they are also not in position to keep the girl.i wonder what kind of people this so called educated and well do families are.
    when i heard this i felt so sorry for the little baby girl...
    i am writing this to you if u get any oppourtunity to join any orphanage,and if we can do something for this girl we should definately do....
    i am also planning to start a website dedicated to this little baby by name"nani jaan" and wish by this forum we could help this baby.
    right now i am not aware about the wearabouts of baby,but will get in touch with my friend from whom i came to know this story.
    wish we could do our bits to help those kids..
    rgds
    renuka..

5. ranjoose

ranjoose Bronze IL'ite

Hello sneha,
    I know of a few places in basavanagudi area. There is this orphanage called Anatha Shishu Nivasa. Is is exactly opposite to BMS college of Engineering on Bull temple road. I have seen kids of all ages there- young babies few months old to older ones.
    Another one on dvg road i dont remember the name- its an orphanage for only girls i think.
    On dvg road there is an oldage home. That is also close to this girls' orphanage. You can ask some shops on dvg road. They may be able to tell you the exact locations.
    There is manonandana- a home for the mentally challenged. This is on kr road near kumarans school.
    Hope this helps if you have already not found any place..
    Ranjita

6. vivekananda

vivekananda New IL'ite

Wonderful Mrs.Sneha!!!

So cool of you to have such a great thought.PLease post your experiences to pump some goodness into world.I'm also planning
    to start an orphanage in my home town in few months.I'm about
    to give up job at IBM for saving little orphans.I'm deeply hurt to
    see little girl kids becoming prostitutes and little boys thiefs.Atleast
    I can save a hundred.You kind of people give me a good strength.
    Again I thank you for your valuable time and service to orphans.

KEEP IT UP :thumbsup...

7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sneha...
    wonderful way to spend spare time... try calling1098 its children's helpline which may give you more options

K

8. zoro

zoro New IL'ite

Hi sneha, DId u get to work with any orphanage in Bangalore even i am interested i have no experianse so plz guide me
    thanks