1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Organic Foods is it Worth It ?????

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by sheetal, Mar 11, 2006.

1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Organic Foods

Hai

The awareness of having Organic food is growing everywhere now. When compared to the benefits u r getting, the price is not that much high. W/o chemicals, the veggies also tastes very well. The nice aroma is there when prepared with organic vegetables.

U can also grow a organic garden even w/o space in mud pots. Keep a mud pot with little soil in it. Every veg wastage u just drop it in the pot. Layer it with mud. Again veg wastage, leaves etc. the end layer should me sand. Have a weight on the mud pot and keep it for 45 days. After 45th day, u can use as a natural fertilizer. A handful of fertilizer is more than enough for little plant. U can grow tomatoes, lemon, chilli everything in a mud pot.

ANDAL

2. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

I agree 200% that organic milk taste very good.
    Initially i did not have too much interest in organic food,but when i started to use it .its worth paying extra ...

why compromise on health???

3. ish333

ish333 Senior IL'ite

i too have started to buy organic foods, especially milk, eggs, yogurt, cheese, tofu. its always good to buy organic fruits because they contain more chemicals than others

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Items in USA that are labelled organic means that they have jumped through the hoops for accreditation which also incurs cost to the producer whihc they pass on to the consumer. This also means that there are foods available by reputable producers that have always been organic but they don't do the expensive process of of accreditation (it take 7 years for a farm to get to accreditation stage). I buy from sources that I know are safe and save the price of organic. There are also national producers that are known to be safe even though they are not marked like King Arthur flour.

I buy organic milk but not butter or cheese. Personal decision.

Last year after research I purchased a Lotus Sanitizing System. This super oxygenates regular cold tap water and you can safely sanitize your produce among other things. I process my tomatoes, etc in this way. It also neutralizes pesticides so you don' tneed to buy organic. Secondly it has a spray bottle attachment that you use to kill germs in kitchen, bathroom, etc using only water. You can research this new technolgy. I thought this would be a great device for use in India.....I love Indian gooseberries but always cross my finger while eating them as they are often so over handled.

5. CulBuddy

CulBuddy New IL'ite

Hi All,
    In Chennai Sholinganallur there is one shop by name Green shop near Infosys, once i bought the rice and dhal for making sambar rice yes it is very nice and tasty.
    The price for vegetables is not that much high when compared to normal shop in that place itself.
    The cosmetics they provided especially soap is really wonderful.

Please try to go organic as much as possible.
    Due to my personal interest i surfed the net for the disadvantage of using pesticides and fertilizer food.

After reading this, it is worth to spend on foods rather than medicines after....

:thumbsup