1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions Please!

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by zales, Feb 12, 2017.

1. zales

zales Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    This is not a serious problem, just wanted to know what you would do in this situation.
    I live in a small town where most people know each other. There is one salon run by a woman here. Most of my friends go to this lady and i have seen her work , it is quite amazing. I've been wanting to change up my hair so i thought i'll give her a try and made an appointment with her. She is very popular and is booked out months in advance.now, she has a facebook page where she posts news and updates about her salon. I dont use social media much, but i liked her page just for updates. She recently announced that she is looking for people to experiment on with some unique cuts and colors. I wrote that I am interested because I really am since i am clueless about what I want, I would love a surprise from someone who knows what they are doing. Some others expressed interest too. She responded to every one of them except me. I'm not sure what to make out of this. I am ususally nore mature than this, but this has left me quite miffed and i am tempted to cancel my appointment with her. What would you do? Am i making a big deal out of this and just go as planned or should I just go somehwere else? If I cancel, I'm pretty sure it's not a big loss to her anyway.

anika987 likes this.

2. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

Does she know u? May be she just missed to respond to you. Don't be so desperate. Just go and try her once. After all you are her client. They earn from us. Don't worry.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2017
  3. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

I wouldn't take that personally.. just forget it and get your hair done by her if you think her work is awesome..it is hard to find a good hair stylist!

zales likes this.
  4. OhReally

OhReally New IL'ite

Hi! Its understandable that you feel a little hurt at being singled out but if you can go with an open mind and be confident that irrespective of this she will give you a good cut, go ahead. If you go with apprehensions chances are that you will not like her work anyways. So do what feels right to you. Good luck!

5. zales

zales Silver IL'ite

I can say with certainity that she cannot have missed seeing my comment. Also just clarifying that I am not desperate, just felt like I was excluded. Thank you for responding!

deepideepi likes this.
  6. zales

zales Silver IL'ite

Thank you, GoneGirl! (love that movie btw) You are right, i think I just needed to hear it from someone else. Will keep the appointment :)

7. zales

zales Silver IL'ite

Yes, I have decided to go as planned :)

8. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Also if you dont know what you want tell her that when u go in. I usually tell them i am open to new styles, do suggest some styles that would suit me.. and have always asked them to teach me how to style my hair as i cannot blow dry my hair daily..

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Do one thing..

Go for your haircut and see how she behaves with you.If she is friendly and nice,smile and casually ask her if she your message.She has to give you an answer and in most probability she will be genuinely sorry for missing out and you will feel consoled.If you think she wantedly did it,Just say good riddance and move on to the next good stylist.

10. Itshightime

Itshightime Bronze IL'ite

She must have your message. PM her telling her that she did not respond. Ask her once more if you are welcome. Else, leave it. If she is not responding to you, get a good(best, awesome) hair style from near by town. Show it to your friends and make her lose some business.