1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion Poll: when you started hating your inlaws

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sonalie, Nov 10, 2008.

1. sonalie

sonalie Junior IL'ite

Guy, take a deep breath and a break.
    Be true to yourself and take this opinion poll, it is beneficial to you too...

Opinion Poll No 1

Q. When did You start hating your present or future in laws ?
    Total 13 choices
    A: I Love them
    B: I like them
    C: I dont hate them, just dislike them
    D: I Neither hate, nor love my in laws ( neutral)
    E: I hated them 10 years after my marriage
    F: I hated them 4 years after my marriage
    G: I began hating them One year after my marriage
    H: I hated them 6 months after my marriage and then there was no turning back
    I: I Began hating them 1-2 months after my marriage
    J: I hated them right from the day of my marriage
    K: I hated them before my marriage ( how they handled my engagement etc etc)
    L: I hated my future inlaws without knowing them since i was 21
    M: I hated and feared my inlaws without knowing them since i was 16 because of all the storeis i read in papers and movies

2. keerthy84

keerthy84 New IL'ite

I like them... (b)

3. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

A.I love them, since they are my family now.

Regards,
    Yamuna.

4. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

5. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

B. I Like them....

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

If you asked me this question it'd have been C.

Right now I'm neutral. They can be mean to me but they do 'mean' a lot to my DH and I cannot deny that.

Latha

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Soemtimes its B: I like them, more often D: I Neither hate, nor love my in laws ( neutral). I have never hated them at any point.

Vanathi.

8. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

B (I like her)my mil & K (I hated him before my marriage)dh's dad- now it has increased a lot.

But for sure I don't hate my mil, I have some dislikes & I am sure she might have some but we both know our limits. Acc. to me she is a very strong lady(even though she won't agree) & I started learning lot of good things from her. So in future I sure my answer will jump from B to A.

Good Poll.

TC.
    Dhivya

9. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sonalie,

I am just curious to know the intention behind this poll. If somebody does not like their in-laws they might think it is perfectly alright to be that way because a lot of other people feel the same way about their in-laws. This is just my opinion.

When I got married to my husband I liked my in-laws very much. They really treated me like a daughter and I wanted to bond closely to them and treat them like my parents. Then some negative incidents happened and my feelings towards them changed. From annoyance it turned to irritation and then after a big fight with my MIL it turned into full blown hatred. I decided never to step into my in-laws house again. Gradually as the cloud of negativity over my mind lifted my feelings changed. My attitude towards them has softened over time. I still don't talk to them much. Eventually when I heal completely I would like to forgive them and reconcile.

People change all the time. Our feelings also change. Observe life and you will notice that change is the only thing that is permanent. If we keep our feelings static then we will never be able to grow out of our small mindedness.

Thanks,
    Kavya.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2008
  10. vidhkarthik

vidhkarthik Bronze IL'ite

I totally agree with kavya here. I dont understand the reason behind such a post. Hate is a very strong emotion to use and in human emotions esp as sensitive as IL's, feelings change over time. Sometimes anger and resentment reign high...sometimes time heals you and you are ok to reconcile as the initial anger is not so high..sometimes you feel overwhelmed by some small gesture and you do feel like letting the past go. I dont want to put myself into any category and i really think theres no need to assign yourself anywhere.