One thing about ourselves

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sriniketan, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Friends, I know that we all have good and bad habits in us. We usually accept our good qualities than the bad ones. :wink:
    Sometimes we feel "why am I like that?" or "I shouldn't have done that in the first place".
    Let us discuss which quality (or qualities?) or habits, we want to change and be a more acceptable person to ourselves first and then to others (to notice the change in us)
    Let me start.
    I am short-tempered. I want to change that habit for good. Eventhough i am trying different ways to control it, i am not able to practice it at the right moment.

Sriniketan

2. CSLakshmi3005

CSLakshmi3005 New IL'ite

Hi!
    the same here.. i m also short tempered.. but more than controlling my anger..
    i want to be emotionally strong! may be as life moves on.. i will learn from my mistakes.. and be wat i want to

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Same here....with the help of my husband who always preaches take life as it comes as whatever happens happens for good so don't lose your temper and spoil your healthand the surrounding atmosphere. I have succeeded to an extent but past few months i have noticed i can't contol it when my MC is nearing.

My cousin who is a homeopathy doctor says that it is due to hormonal change taking place...so try meditation and this helps.

So friends out there...you too can try meditation which will calm/mellow you down.

Roopa.

4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I trust people too soon and too easily. Even before really getting to know them very well, and then get hurt and cry over it, this is a major flaw with me.
    Great idea to start such a thread Sriniketan,
    Janani

5. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

I wish I was mentally strong too. I am sensitive and I too try to mix in with people but then get hurt. But making mistakes I am sure I will learn from them.

6. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dear All,

I feel we all have certain shortcomings, sometimes its a boon and sometimes its a blessing for us.
    If I consider myself, I am too sensitive and at the same time short tempered, just the case of "KARELE KE UPAR NIM CHADHA", means adding nim to the bitterness of bitter gourd. Not that I try to control myself, but when I am on, I am simply on my head, its such a bad thing for my life and almost everybody in my family and my in-laws family are well aware of this, and every time I talked to them, they will ask me that how I am doing?
    Sometimes, I feel bad that I am so much troublesome for everybody.........
    Anyways frds, I don't find any advantage of knowing my short comings as long as I am unable to change myself.
    Looking for you all, take care.

:wave

7. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I do not forget incidents and people who have hurt me. My memory which generally fails when I have to write an exam, simply refuses to erase these things from the dashboard.:icon_frown:

3 people like this.
  8. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey everyone

I have this particular, high pitch, so even if i'm talking normally or making somebody understand something, it sounds as if i'm shouting... and then everybody starts telling me how i should not talk like that and stuff... and that is when i lose temper...

God Help Me !

~Abha

1 person likes this.
  9. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi everyone,
    nice thread. we all have many negative points but can't point all as we ourselves don't know. i was short tempered but after observing some very bad result i overcame this problem. i trust very easily, i think this is my extreme negative. worst case i get too much excited i want result very soon i have very less patience or can say no patience at all. this i am trying to overcome, i hope some day i will become lady with a lot of patience.

bye
    padma

10. dbhutani

dbhutani New IL'ite

Hi,

About me i m not hardworker.I don't like to work everytime so mess up things.:bonk