1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

One makeup product you cannot live without?

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by banuabida, Mar 28, 2009.

1. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi banu :hiya

Indeed.. Nivea has wide range of nail enamels, lipsticks etc..you can check their website for their latest collections...

2. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hello Roopa,

I will definitely check out the site. Thanq anyway for letting me know!

Bye.

3. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear banu,

Thanks for this information.I have so many questions and I was really searching for an appropriate person to shoot my questions. :hide:. You happened...

I heard that peel off eye liners are not good for eyes...I currently use Biotique Kajal for my lower eye lid and Lakme liquid eye liner for my lower eye lid and upper eye lid.

Thanks for all your beauty related info and suggestions.

:thumbsup

I would be eagerly expetcing your thoughts about fairness/whitening cream.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  4. toolika

toolika Bronze IL'ite

My one makeup product w/o which i'll never step out is My Lipstick -Revlon/Lakme/Maybelline

5. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Raji,

You can call me by my name, Divija. Thanq very much for your support.

You are most welcome. Shoot as many questions as possible and I will be the happiest person to answer them. Your review is on the way, sorry for the delay.

Would you mind me asking where have you put up and what is your skin type? So that, we can sort out a particular type of product for your skin type.

YFD.

6. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hello Toolika,

Your name is unique. What does it mean, if you dont mind my asking?

Can you be more specific about the lipstick shades you use? I would really be excited to know them in particular.

D.

7. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Mine is little different... I still stick on to Kajal.... Without kajal...my eyes get more watery feel. I tried using mascara, eyeliner of good brands, well->everything was allergetic to me :)

My other small make up is keeping kumkum or chandhan below my bindhi... Without this I feel incomplete... ;-)

Cheers
    SK

8. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hello SK,

You sound very traditional. Nice to hear you.

Keep posting!

D.

9. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear D,

I live in chennai.My skin tone is a combination skin.

Expecting more suggestions from you!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  10. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Raji,

Most of the fairness creams contain a bleaching agent called "hydroquinol." If it is between 3-4% , it should be fine from side-effect perspective. It seems on long run, they are carcinogenic (can cause cancer). Those give only temporary results. So, we can be on a safer end to use natural products like turmeric, amla, milk, besan, dal, flowers, neem, multani mitti, fruits and vegetables.

I observe my cousins always experiment on Vichy products. Vichy Bi-White range, which is rather expensive, when applied along with moisturizer, turned out to be flaky. Might be, they needed a good scrub before.

Brands like Clarins, Shiseido, La Prairie, Lancome seems to have whitening products. To be honest, these are all high-end brands.

The best way is use a particular brand in all products, so that its rather easy to find out if it works for/on us. Like follow the same brand in cleanser/scrub, toner, moisturizer, serum and stuff like that.

Try these products at your nearest Health & Glow or any malls. Find out if they have any free samples. They can definitely help you. Or else, have a word with your most-trusted beauticean.

I can just let you know the products, but cannot recommend anything in particular as I am not sure of your skin. Each product works different on each type of skin, so I rather not experiment on your skin by suggesting some product blindly. The above-mentioned are good brands and you can count me on that!

My friends' reviews are rather mixed up. The problem is I dont use any fairness products. The only product I use on my face is Clinique moisturizer. In India, I use Biotique moisturizer. That's it.

Hope it helps!