1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

One makeup product you cannot live without?

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by banuabida, Mar 28, 2009.

1. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

my deo brand is "Fa - Rice Dry"

lipsticks and compacts of Nivea.......

2. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Hmm...Kajal..I use Biotique Kajal and Lakme Liquid eye liner.

I need to know some details about peel off water resistant eye liner.

Any thoughts??

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

HI,
    in my teens i love to use all sorts of make up. then after getting married, i used only for going parties and marriages. but as years go, seeing the amount he has to spend on the makeup products, myDH,said," i am looking sooo beautiful without any makeup!:). but i continue doing hairdyeing in spite of his remarks. i will die if i do notdye my heir!!! so the secret of my black hair.
    with love
    pad.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

I don't know if you can call it a beauty product , but Vaseline is one thing I cannot do without.

5. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hi Roopa,

I didnt know all this while that Nivea has colour cosmetics. Anyway, thanq very much for letting me know.

Keep posting.

6. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hi Padmini,

I think I heard the same from my DH, too! Hubbies are funny at times.

Anyway, nice to hear from you. What is that hairdye you use?

Keep posting.

7. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hello Janani,

Definitely, Vaseline is a beauty product many cannot skip. I dont use the moisturizer or body lotion stuff in that, but use the wax kind vaseline. It acts as a very good primer, you know. Many use it before applying foundation.

I have a dual purpose with vaseline. I use it as a lip balm (before applying gloss) and also use it to prep my eyes before applying eye makeup, especially eye shadow. It helps the colour stay longer and gives a good appeal. The good part is, it is harmless.

Thanq very much.

8. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Raji,

Maybelline waterproof liquid liner and Ultraliner seem to be great products. If you look for high end brands, try MAC Fluidline. If you apply a primer like vaseline before lining your eyes, it obviously should peel off.

I once came across such peel-off eyeliner during college culturals, but not sure of the brand. I definitely would not recommend that for your eyes. Personally, I never use peel-off liners. I am very choosy of my eye makeup because I am scared about my eyes.

There is a brand Blinc, which has peel-off liner. But, they say warm water and gentle pressure is enough to take away the residue and nothing much. That is supposed to be water-resistant, too. I am not sure if we can get this particular brand in India.

Your fairness/whitening cream review is on it's way.

Hope this helps!

Archanaanchan likes this.
  9. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

mac eyeliner is the best i have ever used.even cosmetics from chambor are good.

10. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Good day all,

Today's product for review would be Neutrogena Deep clean invigorating scrub.

This suits all skin types and supposed to be dermatologist-tested, so on a safer end. The cooling menthol gel leaves skin feeling fresh and clean. Energizing microbeads sweep away the dead skin cells that tend to clog pores.

When I tried this for the first time, my face became dry. Indeed, it got tighter. Though not a bad thing, it was a bit uncomfortable feeling at first. I saw it as a way of the product work and that it is not bunk. Your face might break out first, but thats trying to work on making face flawless. It works even on the complexion.

Definitely, moisturize after using Deep clean as it makes the facial skin tight and dry. Some might not like the feel of menthol on face as eyes tend to water. But, this product seems to work for acne, too. I am genetically blessed with normal skin, so no probs with acne. But, my skin too tends to break out and occasional zit appears.

If I need a quick fix or a way to clean my face after a hard day's work, then I go for the Deep Clean. So, Deep Clean is my primary tool. I am not sure if this is available in India, though.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009