1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One day off from...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meeta,
    this was the essence of my writing this article which you brought out well.
    Pray for you to start your duties soon:wink::biggrin2:

sriniketan

2. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Sri,
    Really it becomes so boring when you are only two and one is away leaving the other to feel bored.........
    And the funniest part is my Mom's consolation.........she told me not to worry so much when alone and just think that how she is staying alone in absence of her kids (we are away from her for our work), it made me sad thinking that I have a bonding with my hubby for 4 years only and I am feeling so sad and she carried us.......cared and nurtured us for 25 years ....so how much bad she must be feeling alone............
    Anyways........
    regards.....

3. Sriniketan

Hi Roopa,
    See how merciful God is, giving chutti to all his children, so that He can also take a day off His duties!:-o
    Just kidding!
    Atleast let me try your method of gujju once in a while!

sriniketan

4. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hey Meeta,

Don't feel so low....come on buck up lady utilize this time to do things that you enjoy but your husband dosen't. If you have friends then call them over or you go and stay with them or atleast go out for dinners or plays etc. You are getting this headaches coz u r thinking too much. This is psychological, think positive and maybe if your husband is a foodie then cook some elaborate dishes and freeze them or prepare those dishes that he loves and enjoys to eat and freeze them ...so that way when he comes you will have all the time to spend with him instead of being in the kitchen.

Maybe you can rearrange the house etc. etc.

As you mentioned your mom is alone now so imagine how she must be spending her time. Be creative and don't depress yourself. You can also pamper yourself...have a luxurious soak in the bath tub with some relaxing salts.

In India we have opne luxury...if no one is at home we can go to the neighbours, friends or relatives...or just go down to the garden then too u come across a lot of people and your time just flies.

So do something that you enjoy.

Roopa.

5. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Roopa,
    Thanks yaar for this consideration..........
    Yeah, India is different and we used to go to the neighbours and they used to come in but dear, here only weekends are meant for this. Almost everybody is working, so do I, so may be I am bored but others have to do thier stuffs, so going to frds house during weekdays is not feasible.
    Yes, I am an expert in rearranging the house and doing that too and taking care of my small babies, means my indoor plants which I brought in this summer and they are still so small, so they are taking some of my time.
    And finally, I am not at all into cooking, hate that, even my hubby has not much into eating...........so stopped cooking for these days and thriving only on frozen food.
    Yes, also preparing for Diwali, means, cleaning/vacuuming and dusting, as some of our frds will be coming for dewali.
    Thank you once again.
    Bye and take care.

6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sriniketan,
    It is very true... that we can take a day off physically but not mentally.

~Punitha

7. Sriniketan

You are right on the point, Punitha!

sriniketan